- Class 20
- Practice 10
- Independent work 90
Lecturers and Associates
The course aims
Introduce students to approaches, methods and tools of business digital transformation. Provide insight into systematization, analysis and comparison of different concepts and practices of transformation of business operations within digitally enabled economy. Provide a comparative review of critical alterations between digital and traditional business process, knowledge and quality management expertise.
L1: Drivers of digital business transformation.
L2: Organizational knowledge and culture as pre-requisites for business transformation.
L3: Project approach to development of digital business transformation process.
L4: Analysis, design, development and implementation of digital business transformation project.
L5: Digital business transformation management.
L6: Overview of concepts, methods and tools for digital business transformation.
L7: Digital Maturity Assessment.
L8: Customer Digital Experience.
L9: Building the awareness for change.
L10: Crafting the vision.
L12: Redesign of processes and operations.
L13: Organizational setup design.
L14: Employee motivation for change.
L15: HR role in digital transformation.
L16: Augmenting sales and marketing with digital.
L17: Funding Transformation.
L18: IT perspective on digital transformation.
L19: Reinventing the business model.
L20: Innovation as prerequisite for future competitiveness.
Topics for seminar classes:
S1: Drivers of digital business transformation process management.
S2: Organizational knowledge and culture as pre-requisites for business transformation.
S3: Project approach to development of digital business transformation process.
S4: Analysis, design, development and implementation of digital business transformation project.
S5: Digital business transformation management.
S6: Overview of concepts, methods and tools for digital business transformation.
S7: Digital business transformation and Total Quality Management.
S8: Digital business transformation excellence and ISO standards.
S9: Development of quality system for digital transformation management.
S10: Process approach in development of quality system for digital transformation management.
Westerman, Bonnet, McAfee (Oct. 2014). Leading Digital: Turning Technology Into Business Transformation; Harvard Business Review Press.
Rogers D. (Apr. 2016). The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business for the Digital Age, Columbia University Press
Ries E. (Oct. 2017). The Startup Way: How Modern Companies Use Entrepreneurial Management to Transform Culture and Drive Long-Term Growth; Currency
McAfee A., Brynjolfsson E. (Jun 2017). Machine, Platform, Crowd; W. W. Norton and Co.
Gratton L., Scott A. (Sep 2017). The 100-Year Life: Living and Working in an Age of Longevity; Bloomsbury Business
Ross A. (Sep 2017). The Industries of the Future, SimonandSchuster
Minimum learning outcomes
- Identify basic business models and processes at organizational and operational level.
- Identify digital transformation tasks within a business model and process.
- Identify and select causes that trigger digital transformation of business models and processes and their outcomes.
- Identify business rules that apply to digitally transformed business models and processes.
- Identify key performance indicators applied in a process of digital business transformation.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Recommend basic business models and processes at organizational and operational level.
- Critically evaluate digital transformation tasks within a business model and process.
- Evaluate and critically interpret causes, actors, tasks and trends in digital transformation of a business model or process.
- Compare digital business strategies and evaluate them pertaining to business objectives.
- Evaluate key performance indicators applied in digital transformation of business and recommend options for their improvement.