- Class 30
- Practice 0
- Independent work 90
Lecturers and associates
Active learning methods; Learning styles.
Information gathering and analysis; Critical reasoning; Creative thiking.
Using communication technologies.
Personal presentation, resumee, homepages and profiles.
Interpersonal effectiveness; Conflict management.
Effective teamwork and collaboration; Organizing and participating in meetings.
Purpose and strategy of academic writing; Organization, style, and flow; Text organization patterns: general-specific texts, problem-solution, compare-contrast, cause-effect; Writing summaries.
Business written communication; Popular writing.
Oral presentation; Public speaking.
Visual presentation; Multimedia in presentations.
Argument preparation and presentation; Creating and using humor.
Cultural differences and etiquete.
John W. Davies (2001.), Communication Skills, Pearson Education
Thomas E. Harris, John C. Sherblom (2018.), Small Group and Team Communication, Waveland Press
Online education during epidemiological measures
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Bacc.ing.comp (Bachelor of Science in Computing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Write a structured and narrative biography and present it orally
- Show their work and results in written and oral form to experts and the public
- Report and communicate information, activities, needs and intentions effectively in oral, written and graphic form
- Design and develop effective photo, audio and video
- Select and evaluate relevant information and critically analyze them
- Plan and implement effective meetings and negotiations
- Analyze communication problems, avoid and resolve them
- Compare cultural differences and norms, respect them and are appropriate to adopt