- Class 30
- Practice 13
- Independent work 107
Lecturers and associates
Light and Electromagnetic Radiation; Defining Light; The Visible Spectrum.
Basic Radiometric and Photometric Quantities; Basic Radiometric and Photometric Measurement; Lambertian Emission and Reflection - The Inverse Square Law, Lambert’s Cosine Law.
Incandescent Lamps; Discharge Lamps.
LEDs (Light-Emitting Diodes) and OLEDs (organic LEDs).
Electric Lamp Designs; Lamp Efficacies.
Photometric Lamp Characteristc; Electrical ballast (resistive, reactive and electronic), starters and other devices.
Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities.
Lighting Design Criteria; Energy Considerations.
Methods for Calculation Photometric Quantities; Reflection in Exterior Lighting Design.
Smart lighting design; Passive solar lighting design (daylighting).
Lighting Design Criteria; Efficiency and economics of lighting.
Light planning; Energy evaluation.
Ray tracing and photometric lighting calculation.
(.), Električna rasvjeta - transparencije s predavanja; Krajcar, Šribar; FER; 2011; ISBN: -,
(.), Cestovna rasvjeta; Eduard Širola; -; 1997; ISBN: 953-96481-6-5,(.), Norma za projektiranje unutarnjih radnih prostora (EN 12464-1),
(.), Norma za projektiranje vanjskih radnih prostora (EN 12464-2),
(.), Norma za projektiranje prometnica (EN 13201)
Online education during epidemiological measures
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Bacc.ing.comp (Bachelor of Science in Computing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Define physical basics of light.
- Define physical and light radiation related quantities and units.
- Describe principle of working of: incandescent lamp, fluorescent Lamp, LED/OLED and new technologies.
- Describe construction properties of indoor and outdoor luminaries.
- Define basic methods and standards for designing lighting.
- Present and describe examples of lighting design.
- Define costs of lighting system ownership (TCO) and ways of accruing savings.
- Define legal framework and environmental protection.
- Describe how to work in software tools for calculation and simulation of lighting in space.