Fundamentals of Electronics
- Class 60
- Practice 12
- Independent work 78
Fundamentals of Electronics
Lecturers and associates
- Full Professor PhD Adrijan Barić
- Assistant Professor PhD Vladimir Čeperić
- Associate Professor PhD Marko Koričić
- Full Professor PhD Igor Krois
- Assistant Professor PhD Mirko Poljak
Application and importance of electronics; Introduction to amplifiers (gain, input and output resistance).
Introduction to digital electronics; Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors; Carrier concentrations, electrons and holes.
Current flow in semiconductors (drift and diffusion current); Operating principle; Electrical characteristics.
Small-signal model; Optoelectronic electron devices; Basic rectifier circuits.
Structure and operating principle of MOSFET and JFET; Electrical characteristics.
Electrical characteristics; Small-signal model.
Definition and stabilization of bias operating point; Basic amplifier configurations: common source, common gate, common drain.
Basic amplifier configurations: common source, common gate, common drain; Calculation of gain, input and output resistances of basic amplifier configurations; Calculation of output voltage swing.
Structure and operating principle of BJT; Electrical characteristics; Small-signal model.
Definition and stabilization of bias operating point; Basic amplifier configurations: common emitter, common base, common collector; Calculation of gain, input and output resistances of basic amplifier configurations; Calculation of output voltage swing.
Basic amplifier configurations: common emitter, common base, common collector; CMOS inverter; Combinational CMOS circuits; Sequential CMOS circuits.
Inverters with bipolar transistors; Current switch with BJT and basic ECL circuit; Ideal OpAmp electrical characteristics.
Basic amplifier configurations, integrator, differentiator; Differential and instrumentation amplifier; Comparators and multivibrators.
(.), Ž. Butković, J. Divković-Pukšec, A. Barić, Elektronika 1, Fakutet elektrotehnike i računarstva, Zagreb - interna skripta, 2016, FER
Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith (1998.), Microelectronic Circuits, New York : Oxford University Press
Richard Jaeger, Travis Blalock (2015.), Microelectronic Circuit Design, McGraw-Hill Higher Education
Online education during epidemiological measures
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Bacc.ing.comp (Bachelor of Science in Computing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Explain the operation of basic semiconductor devices
- Analyze basic electronic amplifiers
- Compare the amplifiers with different electronic devices
- Analyze CMOS logic circuits
- Apply operational amplifier in analog and digital circuits
- Analyze of electronic circuits using electronic computers