- Class 45
- Practice 15
- Independent work 60
Lecturers and associates
Information theory history and importance; Symbol, message, information, communication.
Discrete communication system, probabilistic view and information measures.
Entropy, noiseless coding theorem; Mutual information.
Information sources .
Types of codes; Optimal code; Entropy coding.
Entropy coding; Lossy coding.
Error detecting and correcting codes, block codes.
Hamming distance, code equivalence, perfect codes.
Binary linear block codes, generating matrix, parity check matrix, syndrom.
Types of binary linear block codes.
Convolutional and turbo coding.
Channel capacity, noisy-channel coding theorem.
- Information, Logic and Languages
- Public Mobile Network
- Introduction to Virtual Environments
Igor S. Pandžić et al. (2009.), Uvod u teoriju informacije i kodiranje, Element
Željko Ilić, Alen Bažant, Tomaž Beriša (2014.), Teorija informacije i kodiranje, Element
Roberto Togneri, Christopher J.S deSilva (2003.), Fundamentals of Information Theory and Coding Design, CRC Press
Online education during epidemiological measures
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Bacc.ing.comp (Bachelor of Science in Computing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Identify information, coding and communication problems
- Explain coding and compression methods and information limits
- Apply accepted knowledge to real systems analysis
- Analyze complex information and communication systems
- Explain phenomens in different areas of science
- Estimate performances of different information and communication systems
- Apply techniques of entropy and error correcting codes