Engineering Economics 2 (T)
- Class 30
- Practice 0
- Independent work 30
Engineering Economics 2 (T)
Lecturers and associates
- Full Professor PhD Roman Malarić
- Full Professor PhD Davor Škrlec
- Full Professor PhD Željko Tomšić
- Assistant Professor PhD Mihaela Vranić
Relevant market; The market power and its abuse; Regulation of the market with full competition.
Price Regulation; The liberalization and deregulation of industry; Antitrust Laws and Their Interpretation; Antitrust and Competitiveness in a Global Economy.
Regulation: Protecting People from the Market; The political and legislative cycle regulation of industry in the European Union; Practical aspects of Industry Regulation.
The social cost of pollution; Maximizing the Net Benefits of Pollution; Alternatives in Pollution Control; The European Union policy related to pollution.
Basic definitions and terms; Financing of company activities; The main instruments of borrowing on capital markets.
Sheres, bonds, loans; Derivative products; Fund types, Funds and pensions.
Analysis of financial markets; Primary and secondary markets; Credit rating companies; Financial markets regulation and standards.
Macroeconomics definition; Basic terms: GDP, inflation, unemployment; Objectives of macroeconomic policy; The impact of basic indicators on business, its performance, and expectations.
Definition; Calculaton methods; GDP per capita - analysis; Potential GDP.
Definition; Periods and points in Business Cycle; Changes in Key Macroeconomic Indicators Throughout the Business Cycle; Unemployment types and businness cycle; The impact of unemployment on the situation in the industry.
Historical view; Fiscal policy.
Monetary policy; IS-IL model.
Impact of changes in technology.
Grupa autora (2020.), Inženjerska ekonomika 2 - nastavni materijali, FER
Dubravko Sabolić (2017.), UVOD U MIKROEKONOMIKU – odabrane teme,
(.), Economics of Regulation and Antitrust, Fourth Edition By W. Kip Viscusi, John M. Vernon and Joseph E. Harrington,
(.), Makroekonomija by Blanchard, Oliver; Gjidara, Mirta.
Online education during epidemiological measures
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Bacc.ing.comp (Bachelor of Science in Computing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Explain the concepts related to the market.
- Identify impacts of the state on the functioning of competitive market.
- Identify problems of regulation.
- Recognize the impact of industry on the environment.
- Identify the different instruments that are offered in the financial markets.
- Calculate basic measures related to various financial instruments.
- Explain the basic concepts of macroeconomics.
- Identify phases of business cycles.
- Explain the functioning of the basic macroeconomic policies