Career Centre is your link to the future employers, but also a place to reach out to for advice and answers to all questions pertaining to your future career planning.
If you run into any kind of an obstacle or a problem during your studies, our knowledgeable Study Support team and Counseling are here for you. Do not hesitate to reach out to them.
About the Centre
The times in which higher education institutions were mainly interested in conducting classes and during which the university management was mainly interested in how to assign teachers to existing courses are long behind us. Modern educational institutions in countries positioned at the top of the world competitiveness rankings provide multi-layered functional links between students and their careers, education, economy and long-term national development strategy. This strategic orientation lies at the core of the Algebra University College business model.
The development of each of our students’ careers is provided through our Career Centre which functions as the basic meeting point between students, University College and employers. The Career Centre is available as the main source of information for prospective students who are reflecting on their studies and offers further support during the process of enrolment. During their study at the Algebra University College, the Career Centre performs an advisory role in all areas that are necessary for students: assistance and support for successful studying, professional psychological help, organization of supplementary and additional classes, planning and realization of internships, career counseling and consultations on further academic development and employment assistance.
- Enrolment and information about study programs carried out by the Algebra University College,
- Assistance in communication with teachers and non-teaching staff,
- Planning and realization of internships,
- Participation in projects and national and international competitions,
- Preparation of papers and presentations at scientific and professional conferences,
- Counseling on further academic development,
- Assistance and counseling in the process of employment,
- Anything else that you don’t know where to ask,
please feel free to contact our Head of Career Centre, Martina Matejić, at email@example.com.
The Career Centre can be reached on Mondays, 07.00 – 14.00 or by appointment.
When studying results are not in accordance with expectations, many additional problems can appear. Causes of failure often lie in inefficient techniques and learning strategies, poor time management, lack of motivation and inability to find pleasure in learning and continuous postponement of the execution of student obligations.
The Career Centre offers additional learning support for students and can help increase the efficiency of studying through:
- Continuous monitoring of success,
- Work on self-regulation and planning of learning,
- Work on development of appropriate teaching strategies and techniques,
- Coordination and referral to remedial and additional classes,
- Counseling support for successful studying.
For questions regarding learning and study support please feel free to contact our psychologist Martina Matejić, firstname.lastname@example.org . The Career Centre can be reached on Fridays, 09.00 – 14.00 or by appointment.
Head of Career Centre: Martina Matejić
Phone: 385 (0)1 2222 180