English Language Requirements
Students who want to enroll into to our Professional Bachelor Study Programmes need to provide proof of English proficiency as it follows:
IELTS minimum band score 6.0 (no element lower than 5.5) or equivalent:
- TOEFL and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition: 80 overall with 21 in Writing and no lower than 20 in each other skill
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic and PTE Academic Online: 54 overall with min 51 Writing and no element lower than 47
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE C1): 169 overall with 160 in Writing and no subtest lower than 154
- Cambridge Proficiency English (CPE): 169 overall with 160 in Writing and no subtest lower than 154
Please note that your certificate must not be older than 2 years.
Other accepted qualifications:
- IB Diploma Taught in English: Completion with 28+ points
- IB English Language A: Literature/International Baccalaureate English Language A: Language & Literature: Completion with grade H4 or S5
- International Baccalaureate English Language B: Completion with grade H4 or S6
Nigeria, as well as candidates from other countries who completed the “West African Examinations Council exam”:
- C6 or above in English language in WAEC or NECO
India (Indian Standard XII):
- 75% in English at Standard 12th grade
Malaysia (Malaysian 1119 English module):
- Grade B
The aforementioned qualifications are valid for 5 years.
Upper secondary education in an accredited international school, subject to confirmation of English learning environment will also meet the English language requirement (your school will need to fill out a document provided by Algebra UC which confirms the medium of instruction).
For other accepted qualifications, please check with the International Admissions Team.