Issuing residence and work permit – the EU Blue Card in the Republic of Croatia, and how to get it through Algebra University College
If you are coming from non EU country (i.e. India, Nigeria, Indonesia, Pakistan…), and are highly-qualified third-country national, you have to submit your application for work and residence permit at the diplomatic mission/consular post of Croatia or at the police administration/station in their intended place of residence. Highly qualified refers to finished at least master level study programme. Please find the list of Diplomatic Missions and Consular Offices of Croatia on the following link:
Residence and work permit (the EU Blue Card) simultaneously grants temporary and not timely limited residence and work in Croatia.
Residence and work permit can be granted to third-country nationals who meet the criteria stated in Article 54 of the Foreigners Act (a valid passport, health insurance, proof they have means of support) and enclose:
- work contract or some other corresponding contract for performing highly-qualified labor, lasting for at least a year
- proof of finished higher educational (university) education at, at least, master level..
The residence and work permit (the EU Blue Card) is issued in the form of biometric residence permit.
Application for Issuance of Approval for temporary/permanent stay can be found here:
Foreigners who do not need a visa for entering Croatia can submit their temporary residence application to the police administration/police station according to the intended place of residence, employer’s location or place of work.
Foreigners who do need a visa for entering Croatia submit their temporary residence or work and residence application to a diplomatic mission/consular post of Croatia. Exceptionally, they can submit the application to the police administration/police station according to the intended place of residence if:
- they are coming for the purposes of regular bachelor, master or postmaster studies
- they are coming for the purposes of scientific research based on visiting contract
- they are covered by Article 76, paragraph 1, items 12, 13, 14 and 15 of the Aliens Act. These are aliens working as part of youth mobility programmes run by the Republic of Croatia in cooperation with other states, scientific research and aliens employed for scientific, scientific-teaching or other research work places in scientific legal persons, university professors, native speakers of foreign languages, foreign-language instructors and other lecturers invited by Croatian universities or registered foreign language schools, aliens working pursuant to an international treaty, other than the treaty referred to in Article 79, paragraph 1, item 2 of the same Act.
The following must be enclosed with the application:
- a color 35×45 mm photo
- a copy of a valid passport
- evidence of health insurance
- evidence of sufficient means of subsistence
- evidence of the reason for temporary stay
(e.g. marriage certificate, university enrolment confirmation or other proof based on purpose of intended stay).
Online Visa Application form can be found on the following link: https://crovisa.mvep.hr/default.aspx?langId=en
Students studying at our institution will be fully supported by our Career center to get required work contract with Croatian employer and will be supported administratively in obtaining the EU Blue Card.