Labour and Education Market
The research group covers a wide range of research interests and disciplinary areas that address the needs and requirements of education in contemporary societies around the world. It conducts studies by analysing labour market trends at the international, national, local, sectoral and vocational levels, as well as special research for employers.
The experience of research team members allows us to relevantly combine data on economic trends, employment trends, education, skills supply, and population change to help understand the implications of these trends at the national level, but also at regional, sectoral, organizational, or workforce level in general.
The group is characterized by extensive expertise in using key labour market data sets such as: Labour Force Survey, Annual Population Survey, Employer Skills and Needs Survey, Official Census, Understanding Society and other longitudinal data sets and panel results. In addition, the group has experience in using sources of information about students, such as student records or higher education student surveys, and linking students’ data with the information received from beneficiaries or taxpayers, while fully respecting anonymity and data protection. Additional areas of expertise are qualification systems and quality assurance in education.
We are also able to design bespoke surveys and use a range of other methods (e.g., focus groups, workshops, interviews, literature reviews and scriptwriting) to add depth and nuance to quantitative projections. The aim of the group’s research is to facilitate the discussion of various aspects of education and the labour market and to promote research cooperation.
- prof.dr.sc. Vladimir Šimović (voditelj)
- doc.dr.sc. Mislav Balković
- mr.sc Ana Tecilazić
- izv. prof. dr. sc. Ivana Ogrizek Biškupić
- dr.sc. Tihana Babić
- Silvija Grgić, viši pred.
- Renato Barišić, viši pred.
- Ana Lokas Ćošković, pred.
- Zoran Jančić, pred.
- Irena Donaj, pred.
Selection of the most relevant publications:
- Kučak, Biuk, Mršić ,Empirical Study of Enhancing Student Learning Productivity with Gamification-based E-learning Platform Konferencijski rad, znanstveni, objavljen u cijelosti, ICO 2021, ISSN 1848-2295 (2021)
- Tolić Antonio, Mršić Leo, Hrvoje Jerković, Learning Success Prediction Model for Early Age Students Using Educational Games and Advanced Data Analysis, Konferencijski rad, znanstveni, objavljen u cijelosti ICO2020, DOI 10.1007/978-3-030-68154-8_61 (2021)
- Mršić Leo, Mesić Tomislav, Balković Mislav, Cognitive Services Applied as Student Support Service Chatbot for Educational Institution, Konferencijski rad, znanstveni, objavljen u cijelosti , Khanna A., Gupta D., Bhattacharyya S., Snasel V., Platos J., Hassanien A. (eds) International Conference on Innovative Computing and Communications. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1087. Springer, Singapore, DOI 10.1007/978-981-15-1286-5_35, DOI 10.1007/978-981-15-1286-5_35 (2020)
- Mršić Leo, Jerković Hrvoje, Balkovic Mislav, Interactive Skill Based Labor Market Mechanics and Dynamics Analysis System Using Machine Learning and Big Dnt, Konferencijski rad, znanstveni, objavljen u cijelosti Sitek P., Pietranik M., Krótkiewicz M., Srinilta C. (eds) Intelligent Information and Database Systems. ACIIDS 2020. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1178. Springer, Singapore, DOI 10.1007/978-981-15-3380-8_44 (2020)
- Tecilazić, Ana (2022). Student-centred learning: Effects on graduates’ satisfaction with study programmes. EDULEARN22; the 14th annual International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, Palma de Mallorca, Spain, 4-6th July, 2022; https://iated.org/concrete3/paper_detail.php?paper_id=97239
- Tecilazić, Ana (2021) Employability of Graduates: Effects of internship on early career outcomes. Tenth International Scientific Conference “EMPLOYMENT, EDUCATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP” (EEE 2021). Belgrade, October 21-23 2021; http://www.eee-conference.com/index.html
- Ministarstvo rada i mirovinskoga sustava, obitelji i socijalne politike, Platforma za napredno praćenje tržišta rada
- Erasmus+ KA203-5792CEF1 ADSEE – Applied Data Science Educational Ecosystem
- Erasmus+ KA220-VET-A2B4EB81 Digital Content Development for Integrating Cloud Technologies into Formal and Distance Vocational Education
- ERASMUS+ KA220-HED-DAAC2117 (2021-2023) DigiTransformEdu Digital Transformation of Higher Education and Training