- Class 30
- Practice 15
- Independent work 75
Branding 1 - Corporate and personal identity
Lecturers and associates
The module is based on the fundamental principles in branding with ideas to explore, research and understand the importance of valid branding strategy for market success.
Students will learn about the context, structure, and precondition in brand development. Through a theoretical basis and examples, students will be introduced to the complexity of corporate identity and the forms of active brand communication. Students will also learn to explore brand communication, set up questions for brand research, define branding elements, analyze brand assets and brand strategy. Through the process of practice the students will engage in a series of tasks that form the basic phases of brand building.
The learning from this module forms the support to other modules of the programme that require implementing branding strategy in design tasks. Students will be able to understand the importance of brands and the brand development process, with the goal that by the end of the module the student has the skills to become a valuable member of a branding team.
1. Wheeler A. (2012) Designing Brand Identity: An Essential Guide for the Whole Branding Team, 4th Edition, John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken
2. Heding T., Knudtzen C. F., Bjerre M. (2009) Brand Management Research, theory and practice, Routledge, New York
3. Millman, D.(2012) Brand Bible: The Complete Guide To Building, Designing, And Sustaining Brands, Rockport Publishers, Beverly
Minimal learning outcomes
- Apply fundamental brand assumptions and the importance of branding.
- Apply visual and communication elements of the brand with an emphasis on corporate and personal branding.
- Apply research process and definition of the brand strategy.
- Apply elements of the brand development process and communication development process of the brand.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Evaluate and interpret fundamental brand assumptions and the importance of branding.
- Critically evaluate visual and communication elements of the brand with an emphasis on corporate and personal branding.
- Predict research process and definition of the brand strategy.
- Predict elements of the brand development process and communication development process of the brand.