The Data science sub-specialization is one of four professional graduate programs in the field of applied computer engineering.
- No.1 professional study program in Croatia
- Creating digital future for 22 years
- International exchange with more than 100 institutions
- 96% of alumni employed 3 months after graduation
When you delve into the curriculum of this course, you will see that it encompasses the area of data analysis, social network analysis, affective computing, machine learning of statistics analysis, quantitative analytical methods, data visualization, and also fundamental business concepts suitable for graduate level.
Apart from the fundamentals, you will learn how to use those skills to create a “story” based on data (“data driven business”. Contextualizing based on data, also called “storytelling” is considered to be one of the most important skills today. It is recommended as a universal skill each of us should strive to perfect. Our society is based on stories that form the base for our way of communicating, living and dreaming.
Upon receiving our diploma, you’ll become a true specialist for data science. This is an inter-disciplinary field, which the industry calls the ‘Fourth Paradigm’ of science. You’ll learn how to analyze and process large amounts of data and to extrapolate information required for sound business operations.Student guide
Examples of jobs we’re preparing you for
- Data Analyst
- A wide array of tasks awaits you, from developing IT support, accessing data from various sources and preparing databases.
- Specialist for Business Intelligence (BI)
- You’ll be implementing analytical and integrated data storage and business decision support systems.
- Data Specialist
- A true expert for discovering and extracting knowledge from hidden data and their interpretation and visualization.
- Data Engineer
- A very dynamic job, depending on the specialization, it can include anything from data preparation and effective data architecture, all the way to its interpretation and sophisticated analysis.
- Project Manager
- A responsible position overseeing planning and execution of projects involving implementation of database for analytical systems.
Interaction between a human being and a computer, in which the computer recognizes, interprets and reacts to a person’s emotions and expressions. The course will introduce you to the basics of analyzing and recognizing affective states. We’ll explore the characteristics of affective expressions and find out all the ways that computers can gather data on the user (facial expressions, posture, gestures, voice and temperature changes). We’ll also be looking at practical applications and development of models for recognizing affective states in industries.See more
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.