Download our brochure, reach your full potential and discover how to create your own world. Learn all there is to know about the study programme, student experience and Croatia as a study abroad destination.
Professional Master Study Programme in Applied Computer Engineering
This study programme is validated by Goldsmiths, University of London. Seize the unique opportunity to study in English and earn a Dual Degree from Algebra University College and Goldsmiths, University of London!Learn more
- No.1 quality assurance system in Croatia
- Creating a digital future in Croatia for 25 years
- Institutional exchange agreements with more than 100 institutions
- 96% of alumni employed 3 months after graduation
The Data science sub-specialization is one of four Professional Master Study Programme in the field of applied computer engineering.
When you delve into the curriculum of this course, you will see that it encompasses the area of data analysis, social network analysis, affective computing, machine learning of statistics analysis, quantitative analytical methods, data visualization, and also fundamental business concepts suitable for master level.
Apart from the fundamentals, you will learn how to use those skills to create a “story” based on data (“data driven business”. Contextualizing based on data, also called “storytelling” is considered to be one of the most important skills today. It is recommended as a universal skill each of us should strive to perfect. Our society is based on stories that form the base for our way of communicating, living and dreaming.
Upon receiving our diploma, you’ll become a true specialist for data science. This is an inter-disciplinary field, which the industry calls the ‘Fourth Paradigm’ of science. You’ll learn how to analyze and process large amounts of data and to extrapolate information required for sound business operations.Student guide
Examples of jobs we’re preparing you for
- Data Analyst
- A wide array of tasks awaits you, from developing IT support, accessing data from various sources and preparing databases.
- Specialist for Business Intelligence (BI)
- You’ll be implementing analytical and integrated data storage and business decision support systems.
- Data Specialist
- A true expert for discovering and extracting knowledge from hidden data and their interpretation and visualization.
- Data Engineer
- A very dynamic job, depending on the specialization, it can include anything from data preparation and effective data architecture, all the way to its interpretation and sophisticated analysis.
- Project Manager
- A responsible position overseeing planning and execution of projects involving implementation of database for analytical systems.
Interaction between a human being and a computer, in which the computer recognizes, interprets and reacts to a person’s emotions and expressions. The course will introduce you to the basics of analyzing and recognizing affective states. We’ll explore the characteristics of affective expressions and find out all the ways that computers can gather data on the user (facial expressions, posture, gestures, voice and temperature changes). We’ll also be looking at practical applications and development of models for recognizing affective states in industries.See more