Download our brochure, reach your full potential and discover how to create your own world. Learn all there is to know about the study programme, student experience and Croatia as a study abroad destination.
- No.1 quality assurance system in Croatia
- Creating a digital future in Croatia for 24 years
- Institutional exchange agreements with more than 100 institutions
- 96% of alumni employed 3 months after graduation
About our program
Algebra University College joined a pathway collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on their MITx MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science. Students who wish to study Data Science at Algebra University College can choose learn and obtain the MITx Certificate – MIT MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science on top of their two-year Master’s degree program at Algebra University College.
Students holding a Certificate – MITx MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science can apply for recognition of prior learning with the scope of enrolling into a two-year Master’s degree program at the Algebra University College. Those students will be exempted of courses already taken at the MIT MicroMasters® program.
Who can apply:
Data science teams today include three types of experts:
- technical experts (responsible for infrastructure and scalability),
- mathematicians (responsible for data models and methods) and
- business experts (responsible for the creation of the end business value).
Realizing that data science is a team effort is just as important as discovering your personal superpowers.
If you already hold a Certificate MITx
- Well done! Since you already have an MITx certificate, you are going to save yourself a lot of time and resources in obtaining the Professional Master’s degree in Applied Computer Engineering with specialization in Data Science at Algebra University College. You will be exempted of courses already taken at the MIT MicroMasters® program.
Admission if you don’t have an MITx Certificate
- No worries! Our mentoring team will help you balance the MITx courses with your courses at Algebra and provide you with expert guidance in obtaining the MITx certificate and the Professional Master’s degree in Applied Computer Engineering with specialization in Data Science at Algebra University College
Admission if you don’t wish to apply for an MITx Certificate
- Data scientists are in constant demand – more than 90% of our students receive offers from employers to apply their skills in their companies almost as soon as they enroll in our Data Science study programme.
The MIT MicroMaster in Statistics and Data Science
This MicroMasters® program in Statistics and Data Science was developed by MITx and the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS). It is a multidisciplinary approach comprised of four online courses and a virtually proctored exam that will provide you with the foundational knowledge essential to understanding the methods and tools used in data science, and hands-on training in data analysis and machine learning. You will dive into the fundamentals of probability and statistics, as well as learn, implement, and experiment with data analysis techniques and machine learning algorithms. This program will prepare you to become an informed and effective practitioner of data science who adds value to an organization. Information about the program can be found here:See more