- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Lecturers and associates
For the data analysis to have high quality results, it is necessary to make the preparation of the input data. The aim of the course is to demonstrate basic methods of data preparation that includes methods of cleaning, transforming, introverting, normalizing and aggregating data, time series transformation, work with missing values as well as basic data reduction methods such as feature reduction, sample reduction, and discretization.
Introduction to data preparation. Data cleaning. Work with missing values. Data Transformation. Sample Reduction. Aggregation of data. Transformation of time series. Data Integration. Normalization of data. Data discretization. Feature Reduction. Practice and Future. Exam preparation.
Course handbook prepared and printed by Algebra University College
1. Salvador García, Julián Luengo, Francisco Herrera : Data Preprocessing in Data Mining (2016)
2. Appavu Balamurugan S., Arockia Christopher A.B.: Insight into Data Preprocessing: Theory and Practice: Data Mining Perspective (2012)
3. Soumen Chakrabarti, Earl Cox, Eibe Frank, Ralf Hartmut Güting, Jiawei Han, Xia Jiang, Micheline Kamber, Sam S. Lightstone: Data Mining: Know It All (2009)
Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Data Science
Minimal learning outcomes
- Address issues while preparing data.
- Differentiate working methods with missing values and data transformation methods.
- Differentiate the basic aggregation functions and methods of time series transformation.
- Differentiate potential problems in the process of integration, normalization and data discretization and to know their potential solutions.
- Differentiate the basic methods of reducing features and patterns.
- List tools and technologies for data preparation in Big Data environments
Preferred learning outcomes
- Recommend solutions for problems while preparing data.
- Choose an adequate method for working with missing data and method of data transformation.
- Select the appropriate aggregation functions and methods of time series transformation.
- Select an adequate solution for a particular problem in the process of integration, normalization and data discretization.
- Apply adequate basic methods of reducing features and patterns.
- Understand the impact of new technologies on the process of data preparation
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.