Managing Quality in IT Projects
- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Managing Quality in IT Projects
Lecturers and associates
The aim of the course is to acquire the correct perception of quality in IT projects and master the principles , methods and techniques of quality management as the backbone of the business paradigm in modern Business.
After completing the course, students will be able to properly understand the concept and the role of quality in IT projects , and assess the appropriateness of the application of the most important principles , methods and tools for managing IT projects . They will be able to apply different models and methods of quality management project software development . As tomorrow's leaders project successful students will know how to implement all elements of the plan quality in the development of all its parts, including the basic strategy of testing information systems . It also will be able to propose appropriate metrics and reduce the cost of poor quality in IT projects using appropriate tools , methods and techniques . To prepare for project management in practice, students have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge acquired during the exercises.
Project Quality Management - Why, What And How, Kenneth H. Rose, Florida, 2005.
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK Guide—Fourth Edition, Pensylvania 2008
Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Data Science
Minimal learning outcomes
- Justify the use of a contemporary quality management approach on IT projects.
- Elaborate the flow and individual steps on a quality jurney and asociated quality managament plan.
- Justify the role of measurements, standards and the basic ISO 9001 priciples in a given scenario.
- Elaborate advantages and drawbacks of a given tool for data collection, understanding and analysis of data or solving a problem in a given scenario.
- Analyze the relationship between business and IT systems through basic software quality assurance prinicples.
- Using modern quality management tools confirm the foundations of TQM.
- Through a case study elaborate possibiities and limitations of QM principles and tools.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Recognize anomalies and apply modern qualiy management principles in a given IT project.
- Estimate the flow and individual steps on a quality jurney and asociated quality managament plan.
- Predict adequate measurements, standards and the use of the basic ISO 9001 priciples in a given scenario.
- Recomend appropriate tool for data collection, understanding and analysis of data or solving a problem in a given scenario.
- Justify the role of a chosen software quality assurance prinicple and apply it in a given example.
- Suggest the use of most appropriate tool for strategic emphasis on a praticular foundation of TQM.
- Through a case study evaluate appropriateness and limitations of chosen QM principles and tools.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.