- Class 15
- Practice 15
- Independent work 90
Lecturers and associates
To develop a critical thinking upon tectonic changes in post-industrial societies and rising importance of creative industries on the socio-economic development in the 21st century.
The challenges for socio-economic development in the 21st century. Creative industries as the main lever of competitiveness and major driver of economic growth. Internet Economy. From Fordism to Post-fordism. Creative economy and creative class. Richard Florida's 3T model (talents, technologies, tolerance) for economic growth. Creative Process. Structure of Creative Economy. Culture, mass culture, pop culture. From the Arts for elite to the creative industries. Intellectual capital and intellectual property. Creative enterprise. Creative industries management. Policy making and creative industries. Creative cities. EU and creative industries.
Novotny,D. (2015), Kreativna ekonomija - kako iskoristiti kapital ljudskog uma kao pokretača ekonomskog rasta u 21. stoljeću, TandMC Pubications , Munich / Zagreb
Howkins, J.,(2003), Kreativna ekonomija, Binoza press, Zagreb, 2003
Florida, R. (2012), The Rise of The Creative Class-Revisited, Basic Books
Professional Master of Creative Market Communications Management
Minimal learning outcomes
- Validate the creative economy and it's role for economic growth in the 21st century.
- Evaluate the affect of the internet economy on the rise of the creative economy and the new creative class.
- Compare culture and creative economic activities and define the difference between the arts and creative industries.
- Recommend strategic options for the creative development of enterprises and management of creative industries in post-industrial cities.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Critically assess the complexity of the socio-economic challenges in the post-industrial / post-fordistic environment and the role of intellectual capital.
- Argue the understanding that human capital is the main competitiveness drive in a contemporary market environment.
- Evaluate the importance of specific creative industries and it's impact on national economies.
- Critically evaluate public policy pertinent to creative economy.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.