- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 60
Artificial intelligence in marketing
Lecturers and associates
This module students will learn the usage of artificial intelligence in marketing and business.
The objectives of this module are to enable students to:
• Apply the principles of artificial intelligence in marketing
• Use artificial intelligence to improve customer engagement
• Evaluate different AI applications and their impact on business goals
• Identify opportunities for deploying AI marketing funnel optmization
In this module, students will learn key concepts of AI in marketing and challenges and shortcomings of its usage. Throughout tutorials, they will learn to apply their knowledge in practice. The knowledge and experience gained through this module will give students competitive advantage based on understanding of technology application in marketing. Module will prepare them both as practitioners and experts.
Sterne, J. (2017) Artificial Intelligence for Marketing: Practical Applications, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
Microsoft Inc. (2021) Exam AI-100: Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution [Online]. Available at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/ai-100 (Accessed: 10 May 2021)
Microsoft Inc. (2021) Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals [Online]. Available at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/ai-900 (Accessed: 10 May 2021)
Daugherty, P. R. and Wilson, H. J. (20) Human + Machine: Reimagining Work in the Age of AI, Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press
King, K. (20) Using Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: How to Harness AI and Maintain the Competitive Edge, 1st edn, London: Kogan Page Limited
Steiner, C. (2012) Automate This: How Algorithms Came to Rule Our World, New York, NY: Portfolio/Penguin
Kumar, V., Rajan, B., Venkatesan, R., and Lecinski, J. (2019). Understanding the Role of Artificial Intelligence in Personalized Engagement Marketing. California Management Review, No. 61, Vol. 4, pp. 135–155
Minimal learning outcomes
- Compare different artificial intelligence applications and determine their advantages and disadvantages.
- Argue the importance of artificial intelligence application in solving marketing problems.
- Assess impact of application of artificial intelligence on consumer journey.
- Identify capabilities and assess features of given artificial intelligence solution.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Evaluate the implication of artificial intelligence application on desired business goals.
- Recommend appropriate application of artificial intelligence for a given problem in marketing.
- Analyse requirements for various artificial intelligence solutions and propose the appropriate implementation for meeting the objectives.
- Implement artificial intelligence solution based on given requirements.