- Class 15
- Practice 30
- Independent work 90
Lecturers and associates
The aim of the module is for students to learn the importance of customer experience management and enable them to acquire knowledge and methodologies that will enable them to design and implement customization of services, products and organizations with emphasis on customer experience and increase profitability.
The objectives of this module are to enable students to:
• evaluate importance of customer experience in different industries,
• apply specific frameworks and methodologies to enhance customer experience,
• identify customer’s need and implement customer’s expectations in product and service development.
Students learn how organizations implement a profitable strategy to ensure a high user experience, and analyse strategies from different industries, how to make the transition from a traditional organization to a customer-centric organization and what are the predictions for the future.
The goal of this module is to prepare students to implement customer experience across organization marketing activities, which will enable them to be experts and practitioners in important field of Marketing.
1. Customer journey mapping principles, tools and methods; 2. Definition of customer segments, needs and CLV (customer life value) 3. Impact of consistent communication strategy towards brand experience and overall customer experience 4. Usage of customer data and feedback in order to customize business decisions 5.Detecting and measuring customer satisfaction 6. Customer Experience centricity and culture.
1. Pennington, A. (2016) The Cusomer Experience Book, London: Pearson
2. Watkinson, M. (2015) The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experience, New Jersey, NJ: FT Press
3. Peppers, D. and Rogers, M. (2016) Managing Customer Experience and Relationship: A Strategic Framework, 3rd edn, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
4. DiJulious III, J. R., What's the Secret To Providing a World-Class Customer Experience, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley
5. Morgan, B. (2021) Morgan Blake [Online]. Available at: https://www.blakemichellemorgan.com/articles/ (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
6. CX Journey Inc (2021) CX Journey Blog Available at: https://cx-journey.com/blog (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
7. McKinsey and Company (2021) Prediction: The future of CX [Online]. Available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/marketing-and-sales/our-insights/prediction-the-future-of-cx (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
1. PwC (2021) PwC Initiatives [Online]. Available at: https://www.pwc.com/mt/en/initiatives/customerexperience.html (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
2. Vizolution (2021) Vizolution Customer Experience eBook [Online]. Available at: https://www.vizolution.com/customer-experience-ebook/ (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
3. HubSpot (2021) HubSpot Customer Experience eBooks [Online]. Available at: https://www.hubspot.com/resources/ebook/customer-experience (Accessed: 11 May 2021)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Create a consumer journey map for a given brand.
- Evaluate customer needs and rank different customer groups according to importance to the company.
- Argue a communication strategy with the aim of achieving a high level of user experience.
- Revise service customizations according to the feedback collected from the users.
- Anticipate the impact of various factors on customer confidence and purchase decision.
- Propose an approach by which the organization can build its business around the user.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Judge at which points a brand make the biggest impact on customer confidence.
- Recommend the steps to optimize customer experience and prioritize customer groups according to importance to the company.
- Validate communication strategy with the aim of optimizing user experience by applying optimal research methods.
- Structure customer data collecting to empower current and further business decisions and
- Develop a plan to influence and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and trust.
- Create a strategy for adjusting to customer’s centric business model for a given company