- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 60
Lecturers and associates
The goal of this course is to introduce students to the concept of disruptive technologies, show them examples from the past, discover sources of disruptive technologies, analyze the disruptive potential of the current companies and try to predict future trends.
Introduction to disruptive technologies. Selected topics of science fiction. Introduction to the development of the basic project plan. Disruptive technology services. Disruptive technologies in the field of law and finance. Disruptive technology in learning and science. Disruptive innovative hardware technology. Interaction of artificial intelligence and disruptive technologies. Communication technologies. Application analysis of large data sets in use. Disruptive military technologies. Models of financing advanced research.
Course handbook prepared and printed by Algebra University College
Christensen, C. M. 2016. The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail. Harvard: Harvard Business Review Press.
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Title acquired
- P.M.Dig.Mark. (Professional Master of Digital Marketing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Explain the impact of existing technologies that are proven to be disruptive in the past through industrial sectors.
- Assess the disruption of certain technological incentives through industry.
- Assess the impact of various disruptive technologies within the sector in which they emerged.
- Analyze the possibility of emergence of new disruptive technologies.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Evaluate the disruptive potential of the current smaller companies and new technologies in industrial sectors.
- Critically evaluate the disruption of certain technological incentives through the industry and apply the idea in a similar example.
- Evaluate the impact of various disruptive technologies ouside the areas where they occurred.
- Apply the knowledge on disruptive technologies for the formulation of a new disruptive technology.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.