Interest organization marketing
- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Interest organization marketing
Lecturers and associates
The objective of the course is to introduce students to the basics of marketing of interest organizations and to familiarise them with the techniques and tools that interest organizations use to fulfill their mission. Special emphasis will be placed on digital media strategies that, for various reasons, play an important role in the communication of stakeholders. By the end of the course, students will be able to recognize, understand and apply the marketing tools of interest organizations, and will be able to independently set the basics of the marketing plan of the stakeholder organization. Students will get detailed instructions on how to define a mission, set up a marketing strategy, and choose the best techniques for realizing the interests that each group represents. Students will explore, analyze and discuss successful, as well as unsuccessful examples of marketing communications in politics and civil society organizations within the course of the course. He will also be introduced to examples of manipulation through the discussion of the moral and ethical implications of the marketing of interest organizations. Teaching and pedagogical work on the subject is based on an interactive approach and analysis of case studies and debates.
Introduction to marketing of interest organizations, defining mission, vision, and goals, defining key stakeholders, types of markets and market research, influence on positive public behavior, from idea to realization of interest organization, dissemination strategy, promotion strategy and PR, digital media strategy in marketing of interest organizations, government 2.0, digital activism, organization and marketing of special events and events, fundraising, ethical challenges and threats to marketing of interest organizations, integrated campaigns of interest organizations.
1. Đajić, Rakar, Vidić: Political communication online (e-book), Centar modernih veština, www.cmv.org.rs/publikacije/politicka-komunikacija-na-internetu/, 2011.
2. Colin Delany: Online Politics 101 (e-book), www.epolitics.com/download-online-politics-101/, 2011.
3. Joseph Napolitan: The Election Game and How to Win It, Doubleday and Company, 1972.
5. Alan R Andreasen, Philip T. Kotler, Strategic Marketing for Non-Profit Organizations, 7th Edition, Northwestern University
6. Philip T. Kotler, Nancy R. Lee; Marketing in the Public Sector (paperback): A Roadmap for Improved Performance, Northwestern University
1. Scott, D. M.: The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Release, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers, Wiley, 2013., 4 izdanje
2. Drew Westen: The Political Brain: The Role of Emotion in Deciding the Fate of the Nation, PublicAffairs, Reprint edition, 2008.
3. David Plouffe, The Audacity to Win: How Obama Won and How We Can Beat the Party of Limbaugh, Beck, and Palin, Penguin Books, Updated edition, 2010.
4. Markos Moulitsas Zuniga: Taking on the System: Rules for Change in a Digital Era, Celebra, Reprint edition, 2008.
5. Joe Trippi: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised Revised Ed: Democracy, the Internet, and the Overthrow of Everything, Harper Paperbacks, Revised edition, 2008.
6. Armstrong, Moulitsas Zuniga: Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People-Powered Politics, Chelsea Green, 2006.
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Title acquired
- P.M.Dig.Mark. (Professional Master of Digital Marketing)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Identify well-defined basic settings of interest organizations from different areas (basic description, mission, vision, key stakeholders).
- To recommend optimum tools for market research, to identify the key steps necessary for the realization of the stakeholder organization and to identify the dissemination strategy that will attract users, volunteers, and financiers.
- Valorize promotional activities (offline and online) that impact on the realization of interest organization goals, assess obstacles, and recommend measures that need to be implemented in order to attain the goal at the level of an individual campaign.
- Recommend optimal channels for collecting funds needed to fulfill the goals of the stakeholder organization, bearing in mind the basic ethical standards of communication and marketing of interest organizations.
Preferred learning outcomes
- To recommend and define the foundation of the interest organizations (description, mission, vision, key stakeholders).
- Choose optimal channels and produce relevant market research, participate in a relevant way in implementing the idea of an interest organization, create a dissemination plan according to the set criteria that will attract users, volunteers, and financiers.
- Create promotional activity (offline and online) that will influence and support organization's goal.
- Shape content for communication and marketing of interest organizations based on commonly accepted ethical standards.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.