- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 60
Network analysis and social CRM
Lecturers and associates
This module students will learn network analysis and analysis of social networks with the application of the CRM system, focusing on social CRM.
The objectives of this module are to enable students to:
• analyse and evaluate social networks,
• critically assess the main social CRM functions
• apply tools and methods for social network analysis
• evaluate, interpret and present results of network analysis.
Linking the social network analysis method to social CRM significantly increases the usability of our own resources in communication and improving relationships with both existing and potential customers. The premises of the module are to demonstrate to students the usefulness of products obtained through the methods of social network analysis applied on data collected by social CRM at all levels within a business entity including marketing, finance, development, research.
Transferable skills acquired through this module will make an excellent addition to the core marketing skills developed through other modules and they will contribute significantly to students’ development as complete business professionals. Module will prepare them both as practitioners and experts.
1. Scott, J. (eds) and Carrington, P. J. (eds.) (2011) The SAGE Handbook of Social Network Analysis, 1st edn, Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publication
1. Borgatti, S. P., Everett, M. G. and Johnson, J. C. (2018) Analyzing Social Networks, 2nd edn, London: SAGE Publication
2. Science Direct (2021) Social Network Analysis [Online]. Available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/social-sciences/social-network-analysis (Accessed: 12 May 2021)
1. Carrington, P. J. (eds) and Scott, J. (eds) (2005) Models and Methods in Social Network Analysis, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
2. Jackson, M. O. (2020) The Human Network: How Your Social Position Determines Your Power, Beliefs, and Behaviors, New York, NY: Pantheon Books
3. NEO4J (2021) neo4j blog [Online]. Available at: https://medium.com/neo4j (Accessed: 12 May 2021)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Argue the selected level of network analysis base on conditions.
- Interpret network and centralization measures for a given social network
- Evaluate importance of metrics and entities with specific characteristics.
- Review application of traditional CRM and social CRM in given business and social context.
- Analyse social network using optimal social analysis software package and functionality.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Rank the social network according to complexity of the connection distribution.
- Calculate network metrics for a given social network and explain them.
- Investigate the structure of influence in social network with a small number of entities by calculating centrality metrics.
- Collect and process data using social network profiles while adhering to legal and ethics standards.
- Interpret and synthesize the meaning of the results with respect to a question, goal, or task.