Computer Games Development
- Class 15
- Practice 45
- Independent work 90
Computer Games Development
Lecturers and associates
Enable students to understand how to create computer games in Unity3D. Explain the internal structure of a computer game code. Teach them how to implement all the essential elements of the game. Explain the work structure in the development of computer games and the role of program frameworks such as Unity.
History and overview of current Unity3D Programming features. Unity3D interface and work with repositories. Basic objects and components. The basics of programming in C#. Linking scripts and objects. Unity UI. Music and sound effects. Main game loop. Camera. Animations. Data persistence.
Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C# – Jeremy Gibson Bond
Unity 2017 Game Development Essentials - Tommaso Lintrami
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL Foundation
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Applied Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Computer Game Development)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Implement basic user interface elements - buttons, images, panels
- Implement some of preexisting character control systems
- Design and build simple 2D level by combining preset elements
- Detect collisions and interactions between object by using Unity collision presets.
- Implement simple sound system and connect them with game objects.
- Use versioning system.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Implement advance user interface elements - scrolls, groups, resizable elements
- Define and implement custom built character control system
- Use Asset store. Design and build more complex 2D level be combining preset elements with elements aquired from Asset store.
- Detecet collisions and interactions between objects by using simple scripts. Use the results of this interactions to achieve win/lose conditions of the game. Update user interface informations (score, life count...)
- Implement background music. Modify sounds by adding effects. Trigger the sounds dinamicaly from the script.
- Be able to recognize the best versioning system for the occasion and use it accordinaly.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.