Computer Games Structure
- Class 15
- Practice 45
- Independent work 120
Computer Games Structure
Lecturers and associates
The objective of the course is to present to the students the most common forms of structuring player progression through a computer game and to prepare the students to work independently as computer game designers. The students will be familiarised with examples of good practice in the field of computer game levels design. They will analyse the already existing examples in the computer game market and independently put together a suggestion of a computer game structure.
The course deals with the dynamics of the development of computer games mechanics, its influence on the very functionality of the video game and the player interactivity. Apart from the mechanics as well as the elements which are implicitly and explicitly connected, the course focuses on the system of progression through video game levels. The method of creating computer levels presents one of the interesting topics which also touches upon player progression and their continuous interest in the video game.
Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design, Scott Rogers, 2014
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL Foundation
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Applied Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Computer Game Development)
Minimal learning outcomes
- To describe the structure and the type of computer game mechanics as well as to analyse an example of a computer game.
- To analyse competitive market advantages of various computer game structures.
- To make a simple plan and a computer game level overview.
- To make a simple plan of progression through computer game levels.
Preferred learning outcomes
- To describe the structure and the type of computer game mechanics, to analyse an example of a computer game and to create one's own mechanics
- To analyse competitive market advantages of various computer game structures and suggest ways of improving the already existing models or computer games.
- To make a complex plan and a computer game level overview.
- To make a complex plan of progression through computer game levels.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.