- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence
Lecturers and associates
Introducing students to metodologies and technologies used for implementation of analystical information systems based on data warehouses.
Introducing students to metodologies and technologies used for implementation of analytical information systems based on data warehouses. Students will acquire methodological knowledge necessary for implementing data warehouses, reporting systems and multi-dimensional analysis. Also, on implementing systems for planning and budgeting, predictive analysis and big data analysis. Through the practical part they will acquire skills of using Microsoft tools for developing analytical systems.
Course handbook prepared and printed by Algebra University College
Ralph Kimball, Margy Ross, Warren Thornthwaite, Joy Mundy, Bob Becker: The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit 2nd Edition,, Wiley, 2008 Robert Laberge: The Data Warehouse Mentor: Practical Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Insights, McGraw-Hill Education; 2011
Minimal learning outcomes
- Understanding the purpose of analytical systems.
- Understanding data warehouse design elements.
- Understanding the data quality concepts.
- Understanding the data integration process.
- Understanding role and purpose of OLAP structures, reports structures and analysis process.
- Understanding new trends and the metodology of implementing analytical systems.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Specify user requests for the analytical system.
- Designing the data warehouse.
- Analyzing operational data and identifying data quality issues.
- Integrating data from different sources using the data integration platform..
- Designing OLAP structures, building reports and making analysis.
- Participating as a team member in the implementation of an analytical system.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.