Effects in computer games
- Class 15
- Practice 30
- Independent work 75
Effects in computer games
Lecturers and associates
The objective of the course is to teach students to design and implement various visual effects independently by using programs for making computer games. The students will learn to use systems for generating particles, line visual effects, halo effects, visual effects based on lens physics. After learning how to use applications for building particle effects, students will learn how to create particle emitters manually using C#.
Building visual effects by using an integrated module - Visual Effects Graph. Creating particle effects by using an integrated particle system. Particle Emitters. Particle physics. Interaction of particles. Creating particle emitters through code. Postproduction effects. Lens effects.
John P. Doran
Unity 2018 Shaders and Effects Cookbook
Unity Documentation (Unity 3D)
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL Foundation
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Applied Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Computer Game Development)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Build simple particle effect programatically.
- Define simple particle behaviour by adding programmatically created forces.
- Create simple particle system using in-app tools in Unity.
- Create effects using Visual Effects Graph.
- Recognise the need to use post processing system and implement post processing in Unity.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Build complex particle emitter system and particle system and program the behaviour of individual particles.
- Build complex particle emitter system with particle behaviour defined by using realistic approximation of forces.
- Asses and define which effect would complement visual style of some game and create that effect in in-app tool in Unity.
- Define complex visual effect and implement it using the Visual Effects Graph.
- Combine multiple post processing effects to get a desired look and visual feel of the game.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.