Internet of things
- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Internet of things
Lecturers and associates
Course objectives are the following: introduce students to the concept of the Internet of Things, its role, components, current status and future directions of development.Students will learn how to choose the appropriate client (microcontroller, sensors, actuators) and server (cloud service) platform for the implementation of projects in the field of the Internet of things. Also, they will learn to design a complete solution in the field of the Internet of Things and implement it on the client and server side.
Internet of Things concept, Current state, Trends, Components on client and server, Microcontrollers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, …), Sensors, Actuators, Programming languages for building client solution, Cloud services, Programming languages for building server solution, Network communication between client and server (protocols), Design and validation of complete solution.
Adrian McEwen, Hakim Cassimally: Designing the Internet of Things, Wiley 2013.
Claire Rowland, Elizabeth Goodman, Martin Charlier, Ann Light and Alfred Lui: Designing Connected Products: UX for the consumer internet of things, O'Reilly 2015.
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL Foundation
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Applied Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Computer Game Development)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Choose client and server platform for Internet of Things solution
- Design a simple Internet of Things solution
- Construct client part of the Internet of Things solution by using microcontroller and apropriate sensors and actuators
- Construct server part of the Internet of Things solution by using Cloud services
Preferred learning outcomes
- Validate applicability of client and server platform for Internet of Things solution
- Design a more complex Internet of Things solution
- Validate performance of client part of the Internet of Things solution by using microcontroller and apropriate sensors and actuators
- Validate performance of server part of the Internet of Things solution by using Cloud services
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.