Development of 3D Games
- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 90
Development of 3D Games
Lecturers and associates
The aim is to enable students to independently create 3D games using programming framework Unity. Students will adopt new knowledge: the basics of physics and linear algebra and their application in Unity, work with graphics and textures, illuminating and shading.
Differences between 2D and 3D games. Building 3D levels. The basics of 3D physics. Use of force, acceleration, and speed of objects. Use of textures, normals maps, and height maps. Using Dynamic and Predicted Illumination. Types of lights. Light probes. Emission lights. Reflections. Reflection probes. Materials. Camera perspectives in 3D games.
Introduction to Game Design, Prototyping, and Development: From Concept to Playable Game with Unity and C# – Jeremy Gibson Bond
Unity 3D documentation
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL FoundationAndroid™ ATC
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Software Engineering)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Create basic 3D levels using predefined elements.
- Set adequate lightning to the scene.
- Use metallic maps and smoothness to achieve reflections and use textures on materials to add details, deformation and variations.
- Create basic materials for 3D objects.
- Implement player controller in 3D game.
- Design UI, hud and menu, for 3D game.
- Use featured AI modules for moving entities in 3D games.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Choose optimal way to design a level by taking into consideration target style, graphics elements and the type of the game, and build a level based on that design by combining predefined and custom built elements.
- Analyse level and set the lightning to match the level specifics, use lightning to achieve desired atmosphere and to make player behave as intended by level designer.
- Use reflections probes to simulate reflections.
- Create materials which match visual setting of a game.
- Define best way of camera perspective in the game, choose appropriate controller, implement it and optimise it.
- Analyse players need for informations display on screen and define, design and implement UI accordingly.
- Design and implement custom AI for the game.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.