- Class 15
- Practice 30
- Independent work 105
Advanced client side scripting
Lecturers and associates
This module introduces students to a responsive, adaptive and rich client-side, single-page applications development, tools and ways of thinking.
Students will learn:
• How to use modern libraries and/or frontend frameworks to build single page applications.
• About the full stack of single-page application development: from creating the API to the web page rendering.
1. Chinnathambi, K. (2018) Learning React: A Hands-On Guide to Building Web Applications Using React and Redux. Boston: Addison-Wesley Professional.
1. Stefanov, S. (2021) React: Up and Running; Building Web Applications. Sebastopol: O’Reilly Media.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Use advanced ways of writing traditional ES5 code in the selected scripting language to create complex client applications.
- Use advanced ways of writing modern ES6 code in the selected scripting language to create complex client applications.
- Recognize the need to use client software frameworks when creating rich single-page web applications, and apply them.
- Recognize the need to use client libraries for data management when creating rich single -page web applications, and apply them.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Apply ES5 code in the selected scripting language and CSS to DOM manipulation.
- Apply ES6 code in the selected scripting language and CSS to DOM manipulation.
- Model and apply client software components in implementation of rich single-page web applications.
- Apply data management mechanisms in implementation of single-page web applications.