- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 60
Quantitative methods and modeling
Lecturers and associates
Students will learn the theoretical and practical foundation of quantitative methods.
Students will learn to:
• Choose and apply appropriate methosd of descriptive statistics and interpret results.
• Choose and apply appropriate methods of parameter estimation and statistical tests and interpret results.
• Formulate research hypotheses, evaluate them using statistical methods, and summarize the results in a research paper.
This module will enable students to independently apply quantitative analysis and through examples and exercises develop the knowledge, understanding and skills of modelling realistic problems.
General subject content:
• methosd of descriptive statistics and results interpretation
• methosd of regression analysis
• methods of parameter estimation, statistical tests and results interpretation
• Research hypotheses formulation, evaluate them using statistical methods, and summarize the results in a research paper.
1. Albright, S. Ch., Winston, W. (2015). Business Analytics: Data Analysis and Decision Making, 5th Edition. Andover: CENGAGE Learning.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Choose and apply appropriate method of univariate analysis and interpret the results
- Choose and apply appropriate method of bivariate analysis and interpret the results
- Estimate parameters of regression model, interpret regression coefficient, and use regression model for prediction
- Choose and apply appropriate parameter estimation method and interpret the results
- Choose and apply appropriate statistical test and interpret the results
Preferred learning outcomes
- Apply and derive properties of measures of univariate analysis
- Apply and derive properties of measures of association
- Choose appropriate regression model and evaluate goodness-of-fit of the model
- Apply parameter estimation methods in a research and present findings in a research paper
- Formulate and test research hypotheses, and present findings in a research paper