- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 90
Administering cloud solutions
Lecturers and associates
As companies of all sizes are increasingly using cloud it isbecoming absolutely essential to have the know-how to administer and engineer appropriate and relevant public cloud solutions and networking with security being a key focus.
It is important for students to take this module because cloud is used by startups/small companies and enterprise companies alike, and cloud market penetration makes it absolutely critical for students to gain knowledge and understanding of cloud administration and engineering skills. This module will expose students to practical aspects of managing cloud infrastructure for different, pre-assigned scenarios.
The objective of this module is to enable students to:
• acquire the knowledge of basic concepts in cloud administration
• create a cloud-based environment that will be appropriate for a company that wants to use public cloud infrastructure
Students learn the knowledge and understanding of administering cloud solutions like Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
1. Foulds, I. (2020) Learn Azure in a Month of Lunches, 20 Baldwin Road, PO Box 761, Shelter Island, NY 11964, Manning Publications.
2. Lakhera, P. (2021) AWS for System Administrators, Livery Place, 35 Livery Street, Birmingham B3 2PB, UK, Packt Publishing.
1. Patel, H. (2021) Exam Ref AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator [s.l.], Microsoft Press.
2. Artasanchez, A. (2021) AWS for Solutions Architects, Livery Place, 35 Livery Street, Birmingham B3 2PB, UK, Packt Publishing.
1. Mulder, J. (2020) Multi-Cloud Architecture and Governance, Livery Place, 35 Livery Street, Birmingham B3 2PB, UK, Packt Publishing.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Argue the management of objects in the cloud
- Support security settings and subscription concepts
- Assess the use of storage space, computer resources and virtual networks
- Argue management of advanced storage settings
- Support the management of advanced virtual network solutions settings
- Support monitoring and backup in cloud solutions
Preferred learning outcomes
- Critically argue managing objects in the cloud
- Recommend security settings and subscription concepts
- Suggest options for the use of storage space, computer resources and virtual networks
- Suggest options for management of advanced storage settings
- Suggest options for management of advanced virtual network solutions settings
- Defend stance for monitoring and backup in cloud solutions