Cloud computing security
- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Cloud computing security
Lecturers and associates
To understand the use, business benefits and security challenges of cloud computing. To be familiar with cloud computing particularities from economic, organizational, legal, fiscal, technological and especially security aspects. To understand and differentiate both assurance and safety and security concepts. To understand different perceptions of security of buyers-users and professionals in the field of information security. To implement knowledge necessary for design and efficient use of security solutions in cloud computing environment through structured approach and elaboration of security areas.
The course primarily deals with methods and tools used to manage information security within cloud computing confines. Security or successful protection implies understanding of both field and objects being protected. Economical, organizational and technological aspects of cloud computing use within business confines but also in private life are objective knowledge and content necessary to understand detailed elaboration of security concepts. Models and detailed elaboration of security areas of cloud computing. An emphasis is placed on architectural concepts and demands, data security, responsibilities, application security and operations management, compatibility, multitenancy and isolation as especially important specific areas.
Yuri Diogenes, Orin Thomas; Exam Ref AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies, Microsoft Press, 2020
Cloud Security Alliance, „Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing V4.0“, CSA, 2017.
ENISA, "Cloud Security Guide for SMEs", April 2015.
- Study program duration
- 4 semesters (2 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ects points
- Certifications obtained during studies
IT SMF – ITIL FoundationCisco CCNP
- struč.spec.ing.comp. (Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Systems Engineering)
Minimal learning outcomes
- Manage identity and access in the cloud
- Manage security operations in the cloud
- Implement security mechanisms to protect cloud resources
- Implement security mechanisms to protect data and applications in the cloud
Preferred learning outcomes
- Design identity and access in the cloud
- Design security operations in the cloud
- Design security mechanisms to protect cloud resources
- Design security mechanisms to protect data and applications in the cloud
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.