- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Lecturers and associates
Learn the basics of computer (digital) forensics. Adopt the concept of digital evidence, procedures for operating with digital evidence, finding and interpreting and presenting digital evidence. Master the classical (post mortem) digital forensics, digital forensics and preventive.
Basics of computer forensics, definition, science, development, history and trends, Digital evidence, what for digital evidence and specifics of digital evidence, Methods and procedures of computer forensics, Computer Crime, Tools of computer forensics, Preventive computer forensics, Network computer forensics, Organization of computer forensics lab, Reporting on the results of the process of computer forensics, Organization and resources related to computer forensics.
1.John Sammons: The Basics of Digital Forensics, March 2012, Syngress
1. Brian Carrier: File System Forensic Analysis, Addison-Wesley Professional, 17.03.2005
2. Debra Littlejohn Shinder; Michael Cross, Scene of the Cybercrime, Syngress, 16.06.2008
3. Terrence Lillard: Digital Forensics for Network, Internet, and Cloud Computing: A Forensic Evidence Guide for Moving Targets and Data, Syngress
4. Stephen Pearson, Digital Triage Forensics: Processing the Digital Crime Scene , Syngress, 01.06.2010
Professional Master of Computer Engineering with sub-specialization in Systems Engineering
Minimal learning outcomes
- Execute forensic analysis plan and fulfill the necessary check list.
- Digital evidence acquisition from a computer system in at least one digital forensic method without compromising the evidence.
- To analyze digital evidence through digital forensics methods.
- Reporting on the digital forensics analyses results.
- Understanding methods of the preventive digital forensics.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Develop and execute a plan for forensic analysis of computer systems.
- Digital evidence acquisition by optimum method.
- Application of all digital forensics methods analyses of evidence in proper way, with needed documentation and explanation.
- Precise reporting and describing of the results, tools and methods of the digital forensics in analyses with reliabilty and needed explanations.
- Usage of the preventive digital forensics methods.
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.