- Class 15
- Practice 15
- Independent work 60
Lecturers and associates
This module provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to design and create animations, use appropriate tools, and apply the ways of thinking required for make animations with modern user experience.
This module is optional core to Visual Communication Design study programme and provides the foundation for animation modules that students will take in the following semesters. Skills brought by this module will contribute significantly to student’s development as professionals in respecting fields.
Students will learn:
• Animations foundations, which are necessary to build skills that are more complex and required in the labour market.
• How to make composition and organize elements on scenes.
• How to animation elements on scenes.
• How to control the camera and adding effects to the camera.
• How to use filters, and work with interactive navigation.
The module assessment is based on two individual student projects. In these projects, students must design and create animations according to the given specification.
1. Blazer, L. (2015) Animated Storytelling: Simple Steps For Creating Animation and Motion Graphics 1st edition, Birmingham, Peachpit Press
1. Chun, R. (2021) Adobe Animate Classroom in a Book, San Jose, Adobe Press
2. Brooks, S. (2017) Tradigital Animate CC: 12 Principles of Animation in Adobe Animate, Boca Raton, CRC Press
1. Green, T., Labrecque, J. (2017) Beginning Adobe Animate CC: Learn to Efficiently Create and Deploy Animated and Interactive Content, New York, Apress
2. Jackson, C. (2010) Flash Cinematic Techniques: Enhancing Animated Shorts and Interactive Storytelling, Oxford, Focal Press is an imprint of Elsevier
Minimal learning outcomes
- Use the program to make simple animation for advertisements based on a set topic.
- Create a simple set of internet advertisements adapted for displaying on a set Croatian web portal in various formats based on a set topic.
- Plan the production process and select appropriate animation procedures.
- Use basic techniques for creating simple animations with the purpose to create short video sequences based on a set topic.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Use the program to make complex animation for advertisements based on a set topic.
- Create a complex set of internet advertisements adapted for displaying on a set Croatian web portal in various formats based on a set topic.
- Plan the production process and select appropriate animation procedures according to the standards of the profession.
- Use advanced techniques for creating complex animations with the purpose to create short video sequences based on a set topic.