- Class 15
- Practice 15
- Independent work 60
Photographic content design
Lecturers and associates
The objective of this module is to enable students to learn to:
• use fundamental principles of bitmap and photography graphics with basic design elements to use in the visual communications design field to produce a valid creative idea
• learn about the editing of photographs and text for the digital advertising industry and solving visual problems on various topics
This module teaches students to create valid bitmap and photographic elements in regard to basic visual compositions. The module forms the vital core of the programme as it combines previous typography and fundamental design modules. This module is semi-project-based, meaning students will acquire bitmap tool processing and use this knowledge in design ideas in visual design communications.
It is important for students to take this module in order to gain confidence in creative processes and bitmap and photography management with an ability to develop valid design solutions and creating means of advertising for commercial use. Students will gain abilities to explore basic pixels, frames, selections, and text layouts in order to develop basic design photographic layouts. As well, students will set up the layout of a canvas for various publications, working with layers, inserting textual and photographic elements, and the basic editing of the elements.
1. Wood A. (2014.) The Graphic Designers Digital Toolkit: A Project-Based Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud, Illustrator Creative Cloud and InDesign Creative Cloud, 007 Edition, Boston, Cengage Learning
2. Chavez C., Faulkner A. (2021) Adobe Photoshop Classroom in a Book, San Jose, Adobe Press
3. Simmons J. (2007) The Designers Desktop Manual, Brighton, RotoVison
Minimal learning outcomes
- Apply basic tools for photograph processing.
- Apply the tools of vector design and compositing for photograph processing.
- Design and create advertisement and magazine cover based on a set topic.
- Design and create basic visual standardisation for social networks.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Apply and explain basic program tools for photograph processing.
- Apply and explain the tools of vector design and compositing for photograph processing.
- Design and create a complex advertisement and magazine cover based on the set topic.
- Design and create a complex visual standardisation for social networks.