Download our brochure, reach your full potential and discover how to create your own world. Learn all there is to know about the study programme, student experience and Croatia as a study abroad destination.
- No.1 quality assurance system in Croatia
- Creating a digital future in Croatia for 25 years
- Institutional exchange agreements with more than 100 institutions
- 96% of alumni employed 3 months after graduation
The video game development industry encompasses the segments of creating, developing, publishing, and selling video games. This rapidly growing industry, which generated a staggering $184.4 billion in revenue in 2022, employs various types of professionals, including programmers, producers, designers, writers, and many other creative occupations.
Our professional bachelor study programme in game development prepares you for success in this industry!
This professional study programme is designed to provide students with a deep understanding of video game development as an inseparable combination of programming knowledge and skills, design, and various artistic disciplines. Modern video games are highly sophisticated products that utilize advanced technologies for their creation. We believe that game development is an ever-evolving field, and therefore, we encourage our students to stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques.
As a student at Algebra, you will have access to the latest technology and software used in the game development industry. Additionally, you will learn from experienced instructors who have extensive industry focused expertise, which will help you acquire valuable knowledge and skills in solving real problems and challenges in game creation.
If you are interested in game mechanics, digital worlds, characters, and gameplay experiences, then you are in the right place because at Algebra. We believe in providing comprehensive education that includes theoretical knowledge and practical experience! This programme is a perfect choice if you enjoy thinking outside the box and finding creative and efficient solutions to complex problems. Algebra students will have the opportunity to work on collaborative projects with their peers and create their own games as part of the educational process, as well as present their results to investors.
Transform your passion for video games into a career by enrolling in this professional bachelor study programme in game development!Student guide
EXAMPLES OF JOBS WE ARE PREPARING YOU FOR:
- Game Programmer
- Your role as a game developer will involve a wide range of programming and technological activities in the creation of video games.
- Game Designer
- As a game designer, you will be responsible for creating and conceptualizing the game's concept, implementing it through gameplay mechanics, and storytelling. Additionally, the game designer is the main and responsible factor in creating documentation for video games.
- Game Producer
- Your role will involve organizing and efficiently managing the project and team members, as well as coordinating with external factors such as company owners or publishers. Required knowledge includes familiarity with various technologies, workflow processes, and budgeting.
- Game Tester (Quality Assurance)
- As a game tester, you will test all aspects of the created video game and identify unforeseen problems or errors that occurred during the production phase. The final result being correct and enjoyable to play depends on you.
- Game Writer
- With knowledge of all aspects of game creation, the role of a game writer is to be innovative in creating engaging stories and characters that will enrich the game or facilitate the rest of the team's creation process with ideas.
- Level Designer
- As a level designer, you will construct the game world and its challenges, playing a crucial role in creating a quality and enjoyable gameplay experience!
Mathematical foundations of game development
This course will teach you to map the faces of your virtual characters in order to give them emotion. You will learn the basics of acting and carefully timed and planned gestures to achieve a higher professional level of animation and make the animated characters more understandable. You will learn about the professional standard methodology currently in use and the principles of creating animations of character movement, body language and acting using your own characters.See more