- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 90
Basics of audio and video production
Lecturers and associates
The aim of this module is to teach students the basics of audio and video production that is applicable in the context of computer game development. Students will learn how to record sound tracks and how to create sound tracks, produce narration and create simple soundtracks for computer game development. Also, students will learn how to record videos and how to produce simple videos for promotional purposes of a computer game.
Every computer game has sound effects and background music, so it is essential that students learn the basics of sound production in the context of computer game development. It is equally important that they know the basics of video production. As computer game developers, they will have to work with audio and video, so it is important that they learn the basic terminology and basics of audio and video management.
Students will learn:
• what is the role of sound in video games
• basics of audio editing/audio production
• sound recording techniques
• use digital sound effects and virtual instruments
• produce sound effects and narration for computer games
• create simple soundtracks for computer games
• apply videos in computer games
• basics of video editing/video production
• apply transitions and visual effects
• export and integrate audio and video into the game engine for computer game development.
1. Up and Running: A REAPER User Guide v 6.59. Dostupno na: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://dlz.reaper.fm/userguide/ReaperUserGuide659c.pdf
2. The Beginner’s Guide to Davinci Resolve 16. Dostupno na: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/UserManuals/DaVinci-Resolve-16-Beginners-Guide.pdf
Minimal learning outcomes
- Design simple sound effects for computer games.
- Record and create voices for computer game characters.
- Compose simple soundtracks for computer games.
- Record and create a simple video for promotional purposes of computer games.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Design quality sound effects for video games.
- Record and create voices for computer game characters with artistic application of digital sound effects.
- Compose more complex soundtracks for computer games.
- Record and create a more complex video for promotional purposes of computer games.