- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 60
Blockchain and NFT in computer games
Lecturers and associates
The aim of this module is to familiarize students with the context of the application of blockchain architecture and NFT in the computer game industry through concrete exercises of game creation based on the aforementioned technologies.
Through this optional module, the student will become familiar with the innovative and fast-growing concept of NFT in computer games and will be ready to analyze and evaluate its applicability, as well as to integrate it into future computer games in the planning and development of which he will participate.
The module will be evaluated through an individual student project and a written exam.
Students will learn:
• specifics in the architecture based on blockchain technology
• recognize specifics in business models based on blockchain and NFT
• recognize the context of the disruptiveness of the business model in the computer game industry using blockchain and NFT and their importance in the context of the digital transformation of Industry 4.0
• create your own token
• create a concept for a computer game based on blockchain and NFT.
1. Shetty, Sachin S.; Kamhoua, Charles A.; Njilla, Laurent L. (ed.) (2019) Blockchain for Distributed Systems Security. IEEE Press IEEE computer society, New Jersey, USA
2. Wang, Qin; Li, Rujia; Wang, Qi; Chen, Shiping (2021) Non-Fungible Token (NFT): Overview, Evaluation, Opportunities and Challenges (Tech ReportV2), https://arxiv.org/pdf/2105.07447.pdf
3. Chalmers, Dominic; Fisch, Christian; Matthews, Russell; Quinn, William; Recker, Jan (2022) Beyond the bubble: Will NFTs and digital proof of ownership empower creative industry entrepreneurs? Journal of Business Venturing Insights 17 e00309 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352673422000075?via%3Dihub
1. Righi, Rodrigo da Rosa; Alberti, Antonio Marcos; Singh, Madhusudan (ed.) (2020) Blockchain Technology for Industry 4.0 Secure, Decentralized, Distributed and Trusted Industry Environment, Springer, Singapore ISBN 978-981-15-1136-3 ISBN 978-981-15-1137-0 (eBook) https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-15-1137-0
2. Six, Nicolas; Herbaut, Nicolas; Salinesi, Camille (2022) Blockchain software patterns for the design of decentralized applications: A systematic literature review. Blockchain: Research and Applications 3 (2022) 100061, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S209672092200001X?via%3Dihub
3. Franceschet, Massimo (2021) HITS hits art. Blockchain: Research and Applications. Blockchain: Research and Applications Volume 2, Issue 4, December 2021, 100038, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcra.2021.100038
4. Fortnow, Matt; Terry, QuHarrison (2022) The NFT Handbook How to Create, Sell and Buy Non-Fungible Tokens. John Wiley and Sons, New Jersey
Minimal learning outcomes
- Analyze the context and impact that blockchain technologies have on concrete examples of Industry 4.0.
- Determine the role that NFT plays in the computer game industry through the analysis of concrete examples.
- According to the given example, create an architecture based on blockchain technologies.
- According to the given concept, create a game using NFT.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Analyze and critically assess the context and impact that blockchain technologies have on concrete examples of Industry 4.0.
- Critically evaluate and judge the role of NFT in the computer game industry through the analysis of concrete examples.
- Design the concept of a concrete business model in the computer game industry and create it based on blockchain technologies.
- Design and build a game using NFT.