- Class 15
- Practice 30
- Independent work 75
Conceptual and applied 2D art for computer games 2
Lecturers and associates
The aim of the module is to introduce students to more advanced aspects of conceptual and applied 2D art for computer games, drawing tools and ways of thinking.
This module represents the second module in the vertical of modules specialized in knowledge and skills in the field of technical art. Three more compulsory and one optional module in the same group follow this module. The skills acquired in this module will significantly contribute to the possibility of following the following modules and will significantly contribute to the development of the student as a professional in the respective fields.
The module is taught in a 2D drawing tool. The knowledge check of the module is based on solving a series of small practical tasks in a 2D drawing tool, on writing seminars and on individual student projects. In these projects, students must create 2D concept art elements and 2D game elements.
Students will learn:
• create composition concepts
• the meaning of the final concept of the composition
• construct an environment with characters
• how to use quick drawing techniques in your chosen drawing tool
• the meaning of modularity and iteration in the development of 2D visual elements of a computer game
• characteristics of 2D visual elements in computer games
• create 2D visual elements for a given computer game.
1. 3dtotal Publishing (2013) Sketching from the imagination, an insight into creative drawing. Worcestershire: 3DTotal Publishing.
2. 3dtotal Publishing (2015) Beginner's guide to digital painting in Photoshop: Characters. Worcestershire: 3DTotal Publishing.
1. McQue, I., Brewer, S.D. and Birault, S. (2012) Digital painting techniques, Volume 4. Worcestershire: 3DTotal Publishing.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Construct the final composition concept, including the environment with characters.
- Develop and apply procedures for rapid drawing, modularity and iteration in the development of 2D visual elements of a computer game.
- Create 2D visuals for a specific computer game
Preferred learning outcomes
- Construct several composition concepts, including the environment with characters.
- Develop and apply procedures for rapid drawing, modularity and iteration in the development of complex 2D visual elements of a computer game.
- Create complex 2D visuals for a specific computer game.