- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 120
Development of web applications
Lecturers and associates
The aim of the module is to familiarize students with the concepts of web application development and the approaches necessary for creating robust and complex dynamic web applications.
This is the central module within the study program and provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop dynamic web applications. Attending this module significantly contributes to the professional development of students in related professional fields.
The module is taught in the programming language C
and the programming framework ASP.NET. The final evaluation is based on individual projects in which students create a dynamic web application according to the given specifications.
Students will learn:
• program the backend code of the website in order to acquire advanced skills necessary for competitiveness on the labor market
• the method of communication between the server and the client via the HTTP protocol
• methods of storing state
• establish the security of the web application
• implement separation of user interface, data and application logic
• implement the model in a web application
• implement the display in the web application
• implement the controller in the web application
• use AJAX in a web application
• use data mapping components in the web application
• implement project specifications in the creation of dynamic web applications.
1. Freeman, A. (2020) Pro ASP.NET MVC 5 (Expert's Voice in ASP.Net). 5th edn. New York City: Apress.
1. Price, M.J. (2020) C# 9 and .NET 5 – Modern Cross-Platform Development: Build intelligent apps, websites, and services with Blazor, ASP.NET Core, and Entity Framework Core using Visual Studio Code. 5th edn. Birmingham: Packt Publishing.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Create a solution using the HTTP protocol and a RESTfull server application.
- Compare methods and implement state storage in a web application.
- Implement the model-view-controller (MVC) architecture in creating a web application.
- Implement the model in an MVC architecture web application.
- Recommend the use of AJAX technology for creating views in web applications of the MVC architecture.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Create a solution using the HTTP protocol and a RESTfull server application with token authentication.
- Compare methods and implement state storage in a web application, including client local storage as part of client scripting.
- Implement the model-view-controller (MVC) architecture in creating a more complex web application.
- Implement the model in an MVC web application using data mapping components.
- Recommend the use of AJAX technology for creating complex views in web applications of the MVC architecture.