- Class 15
- Practice 30
- Independent work 75
Lecturers and associates
The aim of this module is to familiarize students with concepts, elements and principles of design and implementation of human-computer communication. The focus is on creating high-quality and efficient user interfaces.
This module is part of the optional modules of the study program and provides a foundation for designing user interfaces in the field of computer games industry. The skills acquired in this module will significantly contribute to the development of the student as a professional in the respective fields.
The knowledge check of the module is based on solving a series of small practical tasks and on individual student projects.
Students will learn:
• analyze human-computer communication
• classify types of user interfaces
• compare different types of user interfaces
• determine the factors that influence the choice of user interface
• evaluate the quality of user interfaces
• implement user interfaces
• use selected programming tools for creating user interfaces
1. Cooper, A. et al. (2014) About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design. Wiley.
1. Sharp, H., Preece, J., Rogers, Y. (2019) Interaction Design: beyond human-computer interaction. 5th edn. Wiley.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Compare provided user interfaces.
- Identify the factors that influence the selection of an adequate user interface.
- Design the user interface.
- Create a user interface.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Analyze the provided user interface and identify problems.
- Choose an adequate user interface.
- Design a more complex user interface.
- Create a more complex user interface.