- Class 30
- Practice 15
- Independent work 45
Marketing of computer games
Lecturers and associates
The aim of this module is to acquaint students with marketing activities within the framework of placing computer games on the market. The focus is on the choice of publisher and the way of placing the computer game on the market, distribution platforms, monetization models, factors of market success.
This module is a compulsory part of the degree program and provides a foundation for marketing activities in the field of computer games industry. The skills acquired in this module will significantly contribute to the development of the student as a professional in the respective fields.
The knowledge check of the module is based on solving a series of small practical tasks and on individual student projects.
Students will learn:
• about marketing trends
• choose an adequate way of distributing the computer game
• analyze the marketing performances of leading actors
• evaluate distribution platforms for computer games
• analyze monetization models of computer games
• about marketing communication
• design a marketing communications plan
• communication mix.
1. Maxwell Chandler, H. (2019) The Game Production Toolbox. 1 edn. CRC Press.
1. Fullerton, T. (2018) Game Design Workshop: A Playcentric Approach to Creating Innovative Games. 4th edn. CRC Press.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Analyze marketing trends in the game development industry and ways of distributing interactive entertainment content.
- Compare the monetization models of computer games and analyze the selection factors.
- Evaluate the role and characteristics of different tools in the marketing communication of computer games.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Valorize the environment of the computer game market and the marketing performances of the leading actors.
- Choose the appropriate monetization model of the computer game and determine the price.
- Design a marketing communication plan and recommend the optimal configuration of the communication mix.