- Class 30
- Practice 15
- Independent work 75
Web server technologies
Lecturers and associates
This module is designed to provide students with knowledge related to preparation of environment to publish multimedia content trough web server solutions.
By taking this module students will learn:
• How Web servers works
• How to install and configure different web server technologies (IIS, Apache, …)
• How to monitor and maintain web servers
• How to deploy complex multi-platform solutions for web content
• How to implement security measures for web server hardening and implement proxy solutions
The module will also provide a more detailed explanation of advanced web server technologies. During the project students will need to implement a web-based solution in the virtual environment.
1. Andress, J., (2015). The basics of information security. Waltham: Syngress.
1. Brooks, C., Grow, C., Craig, P. and Short, D., (2018). Cybersecurity Essentials. Hoboken: John Wiley and Sons.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Suggest options for configuration of IIS and its default web site, application pools and additional web sites.
- Support deployment of web applications, FTP server, IIS monitoring, backup and restore procedures.
- Recommend secure transmission of data and implement certificates on web server.
- Review advanced configuration of IIS.
- Assess Apache advanced configuration and virtual hosts.
- Assess configuration of nginx and Tomcat
Preferred learning outcomes
- Critically argue options for configuration of IIS and its default web site, application pools and additional web sites.
- Suggest options for deployment of web applications, FTP server, IIS monitoring, backup and restore procedures.
- Suggest options for setup of secure data transmission and certificate storage.
- Suggest options for IIS configuration for different scenarios and virtual hosts.
- Suggest options for Apache configuration for different scenarios and virtual hosts.
- Suggest options for configuration of nginx, Tomcat and SSL.