- Class 30
- Practice 15
- Independent work 105
Audio and video equipment
Lecturers and associates
This module introduces students to the basics and different ways of connecting and using audio and video equipment. Today, audio and video systems are highly integrated, which is why it is necessary to master the basic knowledge of their integration, proper connection and use.
Through familiarization with different standards of audio and video equipment, students will get to know the rules of the profession in terms of recording and delivering adequate audio and video content, which is edited in subsequent processes into the final form - an audio-visual work.
This module is also a preparation for other courses in the study program on the topic of audio and video equipment since without this knowledge one cannot record quality audio and video content as a preparation for all later processes of sound and image processing and editing.
Students will learn about:
• Basic types of analogue and digital audio and video standards and associated cables for connecting audio and video systems
• Basic types of analogue audio devices and their integration into sound processing systems
• Basic types of digital audio devices and their integration into sound processing systems
• Basic types of video devices on the video creation side
• Basic types of video devices for video editing, processing and playback for different media
This course is taught through the integration of theory, knowledge and experience as well as individual practical learning and problem solving. The evaluation of the module is based on the analysis and critical review of the given examples and practical tasks with an individual approach.
1. Henevald, Helen M.(2019) Audio, Video and streaming media technologies
1. Austenberry, D.(2013) The technology of Video and Audio Streaming
Minimal learning outcomes
- Choose options for correct connection of audio and video systems
- Justify the use of audio equipment such as cables, microphones, consoles, analogue processors, and effects
- Justify the use of digital audio equipment - sound cards, consoles, digital processors and effects
- Select the necessary options for correct video recording
- Compare different types of video editing, playback and processing devices for different media
Preferred learning outcomes
- Critically evaluate optimal and alternative ways to connect audio and video systems
- Evaluate the use of specific audio equipment such as analogue cables, microphones, consoles, processors, and effects
- Critically evaluate the use of specific digital audio equipment such as sound cards, consoles, processors and effects
- Defend the necessary options for proper video recording
- Defend the necessary options for editing, playing and processing video for different media