Java Programming 1
- Class 30
- Practice 45
- Independent work 105
Java Programming 1
Lecturers and Associates
The course aims
Teach students how to use Java to create object-oriented applications.
The basic structure of the Java programming language, flow control, fields, strings, classes, inheritance and polymorphism, interfaces, exceptions, IO streams, collection, Java Swing.
Course handbook prepared and printed by Algebra University College
Beginning Java, Java 7 Edition, Ivor Horton, Wiley Publishing, Inc.
- Study program duration
- 6 semesters (3 years)
- Semester duration
- 15 weeks of active teaching + 5 examination weeks
- Total number of ECTS points
- Certifications obtained during studies
ECDL StandardApplications Development Microsoft CTS - WebApplications development Oracle CertifiedAssociate – OCA ITIL Foundation
- bacc. ing. comp. (Bachelor of Computer Engineering, sub-specialization in Software Engineering)
Minimum learning outcomes
- Design a solution to a given problem and implement it using classes and objects
- Apply the principle of class inheritance in programming language
- Apply interfaces and abstract classes in programming language
- Apply collections and the generic structures in programming language
- Apply streams in programming language Java
- Apply Swing and events in given scenario
Preferred learning outcomes
- Design a solution to a given problem and implement it using classes and objects avoiding redundancy in côde
- Determine the need for polymorphic solution to the problem and implement it
- Determine the need for using interfaces and abstract classes and implement them
- Determine the need for applying appropriate types of collections and the generic structures and implement them
- Determine the need for applying streams in Java, and anticipate the possibility of multiple built-in and user defined exceptions and process them
- Determine the need for applying specific classes and (or) interfaces for solving given problem
Why is Algebra a safe choice for your future?
Here you will learn all about information technologies and prepare for a career that is constantly in demand. We offer you a platform for personal growth that makes you a prime target for employers.
We refuse to stand still in a rapidly changing world. Our programs stay relevant and keep up with modern trends.
We take pride in numerous accolades and our title of The best professional study program in Croatia and constantly strive to justify that trust. We do not take our task lightly, knowing that your future depends on it.