- Class 30
- Practice 15
- Independent work 75
Organization and management
Lecturers and associates
The objectives of this module is to enable students to learn to:
• analyse and evaluate the process of managing a group of people, a department, or an organization
• interpret and create fundamental elements that make up successful management.
Understanding the elements and processes of management will enable students to manage the part of the organization for which they are in charge, as well as the opportunity to make better business decisions in the field of business management.
Completion of this module is important for students to understand business and management processes, which makes them better members of business organizations or managers of their own businesses.
Students also gain self-confidence in solving future cases in the field of planning, organizing, leading and controlling and acquire the competencies needed to understand organizational problems and find quality solutions to these problems. These problems are illustrated with real-life examples and studied through the analysis of all elements of management from examples of real business organizations.
1. Robbins, S.P., Coulter, M.A. and De Cenzo, D.A. (2019) Fundamentals of Management. 11th Edition, [s.l.], Pearson.
1. Lussier, R.N. (2018) Management Fundamentals: Concepts, Applications, and Skill Development. 8th Edition, [s.l.], SAGE Publications.
2. Drucker, P.F. (2006) The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done. Reissue edition, [s.l.], Harper Business.
1. Drucker, P.F. (2006) The Practice of Management. Reissue edition. [n.k.], [s.l.], Harper Business.
2. Zhuo, J. (2019) The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You. [n.k.], New York: Portfolio/Penguin.
3. Robbins, S. and Judge, T. (2018) Organizational Behavior (What's New in Management). 18th Edition, [s.l.], Pearson.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Explain management, its functions, activities, manager roles and management skills.
- Perform the analysis of internal and external environment of the organization.
- Explain the relationship and connection of different planning elements.
- Apply certain decision making techniques.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of different organizational structures.
- Apply different human resource management elements in the enterprise example.
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of different leadership models and motivation theories.
- Explain the importance of the organization’s controlling process.
Preferred learning outcomes
- Analyse management, its functions, activities and manager roles and management skills.
- Interpret the elements of the external and internal environment of the organization.
- Design the core elements of a Company plan.
- Critically evaluate the decision-making stages and various models and decision-making techniques.
- Create organizational structure of a department or organization.
- Argue the importance of human resource management in the enterprise.
- Apply the appropriate leadership and motivation model in the Business case example.
- Create a control system on a business case example.