- Class 30
- Practice 30
- Independent work 90
Information system security 2
Lecturers and associates
- Msc Dražen Pranić, Senior Lecturer
- Mateo Martinović, Instructor
- Zlatan Morić, Senior Lecturer
- Robert Petrunić, Lecturer
This module builds on the knowledge and understanding of the Information System Security 1 module giving students more practical knowledge in a Cyber security field.
This module encourages students to apply the theory taught in the rest of the programme in a practical situation.
Students will learn:
• About threats and protection methods for modern information systems
• How to check and implement web security and the security of mobile applications
• Security aspects of cloud computing, social networks and Internet of Things
• The steps in execution of attacks on information systems
This module will help students to gain confidence in specific fields that will build them as Cyber security practitioners.
1. Rhodes-Ousley, M. (2013) Information Security: The Complete Reference. 2nd edn. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
2. Liu, V. and Sullivan, B. (2011) Web Application Security, A Beginner’s Guide. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
1. Chell, D. (2015) The Mobile Application Hacker’s Handbook. Indianapolis: John Wiley and Sons.
2. Kim, P. (2018) the Hacker Playbook 3. Arlington: Createspace.
Minimal learning outcomes
- Determine the most significant threats for information systems of electronic business
- Understand the most significant threats for the security of web and mobile applications and the mechanisms of their protection
- Define security aspects of cloud computing, social networks, and the Internet of Things
- Evaluate methods of security checks (penetration testing) of information systems
Preferred learning outcomes
- Evaluate and apply methods of protection on information systems in electronic business
- Apply different attack and protections tactics to web and mobile applications
- Explain security aspects of cloud computing, social networks, and Internet of Things
- Apply appropriate safety check methods (penetration testing) of information systems