- Predavanje 15
- Vježbe 15
- Samostalni rad 225
Innovative project 1 - Product or services ideation and planning
Nastavnici i suradnici
Sadržaj i cilj
This is a series of three interconnected modules (Innovative Project 1-2-3)
The entrepreneurial mindset empowered by digital technologies is becoming more and more a requisite to improve society. This entrepreneurial thinking can be taught, and the fundamentals can motivate individuals to pursue their business interests and/or add value to existing business organizations. These modules prepare students for a future career as entrepreneurs, either as founders of new businesses or within already established companies and to give students practical insights into those business aspects that are particularly important during a firm's early development phases, and to make them more effective in managing and growing the start-up firm. They also provide the cornerstones for successfully launching and implementing entrepreneurial projects within already established organisations.
The purpose of this series of modules is to guide and assist students to think and act entrepreneurially; the modules will empower students to be entrepreneurial and innovative as they develop their own business ideas but at the same time focused on digital technologies which will function as enabler of their project ideas and business models.
While entrepreneurship can be as theoretical as any field of research, this modules have a distinctly practical orientation (learning-by-doing) where students will learn through organising frameworks, analytical tools, and discussions around real-life cases that provide practical guidance in addressing and solving common problems and challenges in managing the start-up and growing a firm. The aim of the module is for students to demonstrate their ability to apply specific knowledge and skills to work in a team to develop a plan for a real-life innovative and disruptive new business venture in the context of digital economy.
This series of three modules (Innovative Project 1-2-3) is assessed through an interdisciplinary team assignment with guided individual participation for each student and by the end of the modules, participants will know how to pro-actively deal with some of the most common challenges involved in launching a new business venture. Students will develop skills and insights for evaluating, articulating, refining, and pitching a new product or service, either as a start-up business or a new initiative within an existing firm. These modules are appropriate for all students interested in innovation and design as necessary components of new businesses today.
Students will get a unique chance to understand what it takes and how it works to turn an idea into a real business, a chance to see up close and personal how a variety of different competencies and activities need to be covered for a successful business case.
These modules will not only give students a great career experience but will also help them in their personal growth. Since many digital roles today bridge ICT and entrepreneurship, students will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds. Moreover, they will be able to adopt a problem-solving attitude and realize that team work is what makes modern digital products and services today. We will stimulate teams to envisage new products and services powered by high tech; artificial intelligence, IoT, machine learning and other technologies.
Innovative project 1 – Product / services ideation and planning
At the beginning of the modules students will be divided into teams which work on their innovative new projects. Students will learn how to recognise a social or a business problem that is worth solving in the form of a social or business entrepreneurship enterprise. In particular, they will be shown how to leverage digital technology in order to formulate truly bold and meaningful ideas.
Students will be asked to identify the need to add value and gain creators, as well as pain relievers. The modules will provide them with tools to articulate the vision of their new service/product and the framework within which to develop its strategy. By engaging in the research of their customer segment, they will seek to identify the most appropriate way of employing advanced technological solutions in the process of human interaction. In doing so, the module aims to demonstrate to students how to “humanise” technology and ensure its smooth early adoption. Guided by their mentors and teachers, students will learn how to map the customer journey, to make sure that the functional specification of their innovative service/product “sits right” with the future users. Finally, they will formulate product/service development plan.
1. Ries, E. (2011) Lean Startup. 1st edn. New York City: Crown Publishing.
1. Trott, P. (2016) Innovation Management and New Product Development. 6th edn. Edinburgh Gate: Pearson.
2. Christensen, C. (2016) The Innovator’s Dilemma. Kindle edn. Boston: Harvard Business Review.
3. Wunkler S, Wattman, J. and Farber, D. (2016) Jobs to be Done. Illustrated edn. Broadway: Amacom.
4. Kim C. (2015) Blue Ocean Strategy. Revised edn. Boston: Harvard Business Review.
Minimalni ishodi učenja
- Preporučiti koncept inovativnog proizvoda / usluge za ciljanu grupu korisnika koristeći istraživanje tržišta.
- Analizirati koncept predviđenog proizvoda ili usluge kao nestrukturirani problem koji bi se mogao riješiti upotrebom digitalne tehnologije i modelirati njegovo rješenje.
- Objasniti interakciju funkcionalnih i nefunkcionalnih zahtjeva za buduće digitalno rješenje i predložiti konkretne pristupe i rješenja.
- Kritički procijeniti kreativne ideje članova tima kako bi se došlo do novih saznanja o timskoj dinamici i timskom radu.
- Stvoriti plan razvoja proizvoda/usluge i viziju i strategiju proizvoda/usluge za vlastito inovativno rješenje.
Željeni ishodi učenja
- Koristiti najbolje prakse i pristupe u istraživanju tržišta i razvijanju proizvoda, preporučujući koncept inovativnog proizvoda / usluge za potrošačku skupinu.
- Koristiti pristupe modeliranja najboljih praksi kod analize koncepta predviđenog proizvoda ili usluge i modelirati njegovo rješenje.
- Primijeniti najbolje prakse i visoke standardne pristupe kako bi se došlo do rješenja, analizirajući interakciju funkcionalnih i nefunkcionalnih zahtjeva za buduće digitalno rješenje.
- Primijeniti tehnike i pristupe najbolje prakse za poticanje timskog duha i učinkovitosti u idejama i kreativnom procesu.
- Primijeniti pristupe najbolje prakse tijekom izrade plana razvoja proizvoda/usluge i vizije i strategije proizvoda/usluge za vlastito inovativno rješenje.