In the Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers course, you learn about Oracle SQL tuning and how to apply tuning techniques to your SQL code.
In the Oracle Database: SQL Tuning for Developers course, you learn about Oracle SQL tuning and how to apply tuning techniques to your SQL code. Learn the different ways in which data can be accessed efficiently. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service.
Što ćete naučiti
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Express Cloud Service.
Kome je namijenjeno
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Audience and Prerequisites
- Sample Schemas Used in the Course
- Class Account Information
- SQL Environments Available in the Course
- Workshops, Demo Scripts, and Code Example Scripts
- Appendices in the Course
Introduction to SQL Tuning
- SQL Tuning Session
- SQL Tuning Strategies
- Development Environments: Overview
- SQLTXPLAIN (SQLT) Diagnostic Tool
Using Application Tracing Tools
- Using the SQL Trace Facility: Overview
- Steps Needed Before Tracing
- Available Tracing Tools: Overview
- The trcsess Utility
- Formatting SQL Trace Files: Overview
Understanding Basic Tuning Techniques
- Developing Efficient SQL statement
- Scripts Used in This Lesson
- Table Design
- Index Usage
- Transformed Index
- Data Type Mismatch
- NULL usage
- Tune the ORDER BY Clause
- SQL Statement Representation
- SQL Statement Processing
- Why Do You Need an Optimizer?
- Components of the Optimizer
- Query Transformer
- Cost-Based Optimizer
- Adaptive Query Optimization
- Optimizer Features and Oracle Database Releases
Generating and Displaying Execution Plans
- Execution Plan?
- The EXPLAIN PLAN Command
- Plan Table
- V$SQL_PLAN View
- Automatic Workload Repository
- SQL Monitoring
Interpreting Execution Plans and Enhancements
- Interpreting a Serial Execution Plan
- Adaptive Optimizations
Optimizer: Table and Index Access Paths
- Row Source Operations
- Main Structures and Access Paths
- Full Table Scan
- Common Observations
Optimizer Join Operations
- Join Methods
- Join Types
Other Optimizer Operators
- SQL operators
- Other N-Array Operations
- Result Cache operators
Introduction to Optimizer Statistics Concepts
- Optimizer Statistics
- Types of Optimizer Statistics
- Gather and Manage Optimizer Statistics: Overview
Using Bind Variables
- Cursor Sharing and Different Literal Values
- Cursor Sharing and Bind Variables
SQL Plan Management
- Maintaining SQL Performance
- SQL Plan Management
- Workshop 1
- Workshop 2
- Workshop 3
- Workshop 4
- Workshop 5
- Workshop 6 & 7
- Workshop 8
- Workshop 9
Oracle Cloud Overview
- Introduction to Oracle Cloud & Oracle Cloud Services
- Cloud Deployment Models
- Evolving from On-premises to Exadata Express
- What is in Exadata Express?
- Exadata Express for Users & Developers
- Oracle Exadata Express Cloud Service
- Getting Started with Exadata Express
- Service Console & Web Access through Service Console