The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis.
The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Što ćete naučiti
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard.
- Explore and extend an Excel data model.
- Pre-format and import a .CSV file.
- Import data from a SQL Server database
- Import data from a report.
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions.
- Create data visualizations in Excel.
- Create a Power BI dashboard with Excel.
Kome je namijenjeno
- This course is intended for both novice and experienced programmers who have a minimum of three months programming experience and have basic Windows navigation skills.
- This course is intended for anyone responsible for analyzing data with Excel.
- The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
- Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel This module looks at the classic Excel dashboard and at ways to extend it. Lessons
- Classic Data Analysis with Excel
- Excel Pivot Tables
- Limitations of Classic Data Analysis
- Filtering and Formatting Data
- Building a Pivot Table
- Building a Pivot Chart
- Building a Dashboard
- Using an Excel Data Model
- Create Calculated Columns
- Format Data Model Data
- Create Measures
- Analyze the Data
- Importing Data into Excel
- Shaping and Transforming Data
- Loading Data
- Import and Transform Data from a CSV File
- Add Data from a Folder
- Available Data Sources
- Previewing, Shaping, and Transforming Data
- Table Relationships and Hierarchies
- Loading Data
- Import Data from SQL Server
- Import Data from a CSV File
- Create a Data Table
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Transforming Excel report Data
- Import Data from Excel
- Transform the Excel Data
- Load the Data into an Excel Data Model
- Advanced DAX Functions
- Last year comparison
- Year to date
- Market Share
- Pivot Charts
- Cube Functions
- Charts for Cube Functions
- Create a Tabular Report
- Create a Pivot Chart
- Add Slicers to Charts
- Power BI
- Uploading Excel Data to Power BI
- Power BI Mobile App
- Uploading Excel Data
- Creating a Power BI Dashboard