This course presents TSQL within the context of data analysis - in other words, making meaning from the data rather than transaction-oriented data-tier application development.
The course starts with a brief discussion of levels of measurement and quantitative research methodology, and integrates these concepts into each TSQL topic presented. The goal is to provide a consistent, direct, and purposeful learning path from RDBMS data retrieval through analytical tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, Excel, R, SAS, and SPSS.
Što ćete naučiti
- Turning Table Columns into Variables for Analysis: SELECT List Expressions
- Combining Columns from Multiple Tables into a Single Dataset: The JOIN Operators
- Creating an Appropriate Aggregation Level Using GROUP BY
- Subqueries, Derived Tables and Common Table Expressions
- Encapsulating Data Retrieval Logic
- Getting Your Dataset to the Client
Kome je namijenjeno
- This course is intended for information workers and data science professionals who seek to use database reporting and analysis tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, Power BI, R, SAS and other business intelligence tools, and wish to use TSQL queries to efficiently retrieve data sets from Microsoft SQL Server relational databases for use with these tools.
- Module 1: Introduction to TSQL for Business Intelligence
- Module 2: Turning Table Columns into Variables SELECT List Expressions, WHERE, and ORDER BY
- Module 3: Combining Columns from Multiple Tables into a Single Dataset The JOIN Operators
- Module 4: Creating an Appropriate Aggregation Level Using GROUP BY
- Module 5: Subqueries, Derived Tables and Common Table Expressions
- Module 6: Encapsulating Data Retrieval Logic
- Module 7: Getting Your Dataset to the Client
Kako izgleda online edukacija?